Chapter 1: Learning to begin again.

Hariel Potter looked between Remus and the goblin that had given her the news.

"My mom had an older brother?" Hariel asked once more to clarify what was on the paper. The goblin looked impatient, Remus nodded.

"Yes, an older half brother, your grandmother was a nurse during the end of world war 2 and she had met a solider who she married and got pregnant by. He died before she gave birth to their son, so she came back to England, raised him untill she fell in love again and got married once again and had Petunia and  Lily." Remus said, "your mother spoke fondly of him, even if he was a yankee. His name is Anthony, but your mother said he preferred Tony. Tony Wheeler." Remus explained. Hariel frowned, her green eyes scanning the papers again.

"So why am I just barely hearing about him?" She asked, deciding it was better to know sooner if this relative didn't want her either.

"Apparently. You were supposed to go to him and his ex wife when your parents were killed, if Sirius Black or Mrs. Alice Longbottom were unable to care for you. The headmaster took it upon himself to place you with Mrs Dursley against your mothers will." The goblin said, but his feral smile, sent a shiver up her spine.  "But you are now 16 and are eligible to have your mother and father's will unsealed , along with having your Godfathers assets added to your own, seeing as he is a fugitive of the law." The goblin added, his beady eyes were gleaming with excitment.

Remus was smiling,slughtly, his face worn from the full moon of yesterday. She had told him to stay at Grimauld place, but he refused saying he couldn't leave her to fend for herself with the goblins.

"I'd like that done. Does that mean I would be able to meet my uncle?" Hariel asked tenatively. The goblin nodded and with a snap of his hands a letter was on the table.

"This letter will explain his duties to you as your new gurdian, but if he can not meet those, they will go to the next of kin." The goblin said, her shoulders slumped.
So if he couldn't take care of her she'd have to go back to the Durselys.

The goblin,shook it's head as if reading her mind. "Your uncle has a son who is 17 and a daughter who is 15. So if your uncle can not take care of you, it would go to his son." The goblin explained. She frowned. How would a 17 year old take care of her. That made no sense to her. But she smiled and nodded.

"Thank you. Master Goblin." She said bowing her head.
The goblin nodded and with a snap of his fingers more paperwork apperared.

"You have more things to sign off on." He said,  a smirk on his face. Hariel sighed.
This was going to be a long day. She thought.

~In Japan: Wheeler Aparment~

"Yo pops! You got a letter." A blonde youth said, looking at the official looking letter, hoping  it wasn't anything that would condemn  their already shaky living arangments.

"Bring it here Joey, I'm fixing dinner." His dad yelled from the kitchen, Joey felt a smile creep onto his face. It had been years since he had heard that. His parents divorce  had been a mess and his dad had gone down hill when his mom left taking Serenity with her.

They had a rough couple of years, but they somehow made it. His father had kicked drinking and had gotten a stable job at the construction  district. So Joey no longer had to work 5 part time jobs trying to have money to pay the apartment or food.

"This looks like it needs to be out in the museum. It's like parchment or sumthing." Joey said joking,around, but his father dropped his stirring spoon and turned qiicjly.

"Give me the letter joey." His dad said walking towards him, no thought towards the food.

He had never seen that look on his dad's fave before. He looked anxious, and nervous. Maybe even a little hopeful.