o35

Kai held onto my hand as we ran across the beach, I don't know where we were going since he refused to tell, but still — his actions didn't fail to make my heart beat a million miles per hour.

         I found myself grinning — laughing even as we ran, and soon enough, I saw that were before a hover.

          He let go of my hand briefly to open the door and when he went in, he reached for me once more and I jumped inside.

          "Where are you taking me?" I ask in between laughs at how excited he seemed to be.

           From his seat, Kai looked over his shoulder and grinned. "I told you I wasn't taking you somewhere — but rather, show you something." I stood behind his seat, holding onto it as the hover lift itself from the ground and starting to make waves over the sand as it drove.

           We shared laughs when he did a trick or two with aero mobile and soon, he leaned closer to the front and smiled widely. It shocked me when he suddenly turned the hover and it went onto the seat.

          I felt scared at first, and I was about to tell him to turn back, put us back into the sand. But Kai noticed how nervous I felt at his actions and calmly told me to relax and to trust him him, and I did.

           It was so dark, I could barely see a thing in the dark ocean and then, I could hear the motors stop, confusing me even more.

           "This can also survive above water if you didn't know." Kai laughed before he stood. "Now, come on." He grinned while taking a hold of my hand once again, making my heart jump and having my cheeks heat up.

            He pressed a to the button by the roof of the hover that shone red, and it opened, surprising me.

            But then, it felt as if my breath was taken away.

            The sight before my eyes — full of bright stars, brighter than the ones I've first seen in the city on my first night, and there was also the somehow now, beautifully distorted moon.

           It was such an exquisite combination, Ive never thought of seeing something like this in my entire life.

            My lips were parted from such a breathtaking sight.

            "Wow..." I let out, breathlessly. "This is... beautiful..."

            I felt Kai's grip on my hand tighten by the slightest and it was only then that I noticed how my hand was also tightly gripping his in a rather comforting way.

             But it left me flustered.

             I was about to pull my hand back, but Kai's hand seemed to just tightly hold onto mine. And it didn't seemed like it wanted to let go of it, having my stomach churn but not in pain — in fact, I liked the feeling of it.

            "So, you like it?" I heard him ask. I face his way to see him looking down at me with loving eyes and me smile in return.

            I nodded. "I love it." I answered. "I love it." I repeated with a giggle before looking up to the sky once again. "This is absolutely beautiful, you have no idea."

           Kai laughed and having me laugh, too. "It can get better."

           Without warning, he let go of my hand and surprised me by starting to climb out of the hover. My eyes widened in worry and shock at his actions, I had my heart almost drop.

             "Kai!" I gasped, hands clenching before trying to reach out for him. "Be careful!"

             Kai looks over his shoulder before turning to face me, and to surprise me even more, he leans down.

           And now we were face to face. And it made me freeze in the position I was.

           Both of us were silent, simply staring into each other's eyes. The sound of faint waves was clear but I was just looking into his deep eyes that made me go quiet, simply just wanting to look into them and I could even see my reflection.

           And he did the same, but to me, it felt as if he had been staring straight into my soul.

          "... Do you trust me?" He whispers.

          And all I did was nod my head, whisper in return a yes, and having my hand get taken by his once more.

          He helped climb onto the top of the hover and when we got out, he carefully slid down to nose of it and I carefully followed him.

           Kai motioned for me to get closer to him and I shyly did, and when see him look down and with his hand in the water, I did the same — shivering at the feeling of the freezing water against my skin, but it was only then when I noticed.

The many stars that seemed to bathe in the reflection of the dark sea, making it look like an ocean made of stars. And, Kai and I seemed to be a part of it all.

          Looking over Kai, I saw he had already been staring at me. My stomach felt like it was going weird again, but I didn't mind.

          I smiled widely. "Thank you, Kai." I whispered, narrowing my eyes in adoration. "Thank you so much."

           His eyes softened before he huffs and looks away for a few moments before looking back at me.

           "... Jongin." My eyes widened slightly. "My name... is Kim Jongin."

           It seemed as if my heart fluttered then. "Jongin..." I let the name role off my tongue and I saw his eyes widening slightly. "Why are you telling me?" I realised. Why would he be telling me?

           His hand seemed hesitant before reaching for my cheek, caressing it gently and having me almost lean more into his touch.

           "You asked me, long ago about our code names." He laughs quietly, his hand dropped onto my male and having my cheeks warm up even more. "So, I'm telling you mine now and also...

         I trust you."

         It seemed as if all I could do was stare at him. He trusted me. And he told me his name.

         I found myself smiling widely before turning away from him with giggles quietly escaping me.

          What I felt right now — I have no words to describe it. But it was a wonderful feeling.

          "You're in love with Kai."

          Is this what love feels like?

           "Jongin..." I call out to him in a whisper. He continued to stare at me and he had a look on his face that I couldn't tell what it was. "I like it. Thank you... for trusting me."

            Shaking his head, and I felt his fingers try to enlace themselves with my own underwater, and I let him do so, I also enlaces my fingers with his.

            And it gave me a feeling of safety, it made me forget about everything — about my past and the problems — and only focus on the moment that only we were in.

            Out in nowhere, above the sea, below the stars. Being beside him and holding his hand. This feeling... it made me want it to last forever. And that's what I wanted.

             I wanted it to last forever.