o11

It amazes me how people here were so happy with what they had, while if the people in Pure Seoul were to face this, they would already be ridiculing it until the end of the world. After the lunch at Taemin and Sunmi's, Kai and I left and I didn't notice how fast the day had gone by.

      They watched us off and I saw them also closing a door to their garage, the moment they were off sight, I couldn't help but question if most people here in Busan were like that.

      Caring, heart-warming and people  who easily accept others — asides from people from the capital. From the first day I woke up here and at the start of the day, I thought that Kai would always be stoic, somebody who would barely react to anything, emotionless. But I guess that only came to certain people — me being one of them. I guess it was his hatred for the Rifes.

      On our way back, I kept looking at the sky, noticing the difference between the sky of Pure Seoul and Busan. The moment the sun started to set, in the amidst of the orange, yellow and blue-purple colours there were white, shimmering things.

       It left me mesmerized for a moment that I didn't realise I came to a stop.

      "Are these..." I hear myself murmur and my breath had almost been taken away from such a beautiful sight.

       "Stars."

       My head was quick to snap towards Kai's direction, seeing how he also looked up to sky. After a while he looks down at me.

      "Haven't you ever seen them?" His voice towards wasn't blunt like it had been most of the day, it was softer than before and more kind-sounding.

       Slowly, I shook my head, tilting my head up again. "You can't really see this in Pure Seoul, I guess it's because of all the lights."

      "... it's better to see it from where we're heading now." Kai says and surprising me in the slightest.

      "Where are we going?"

      He starts to walk ahead of me again. "Irene had told me not to let you sleep at Yeri's quarters again, it has too many people there and it's risky." I start to walk behind him. "So, from now, you're spending the night in my quarters."

      I really wanted to argue back, but knowing my position against him, and knowing my position in this area — I just knew I couldn't.

      And I was quiet, not even nodding my head even if he didn't notice or murmuring an answer. I just trailed behind him.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ ♕ ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

       Kai's room had been fairly similar to Yerim's — a bed and a desk and a window. But its layout had been wider and making look almost empty compared to the girl's.

       There were also rooms down the hall, but not as many as there were in Yerim's quarters, much less.

       "Where am I going to sleep?" I asked.

      Kai didn't face my way as he answered me while adjusting his own bed. "The floor." My eyes widened and my lips parted.

       "T-The floor?" I repeat in question, and received a nod of confirmation from him.

       "The floor." He repeated.

       I was left speechless but not for long, my hands had gripped my hips as I contained in my voice and patience from exploding.

        "Look, I get that I am a hostage, but this is — "

       But the male quickly interrupted me. "You're going to have a taste of your own medicine." He bluntly states and making me freeze on the spot.

       When he turned around, I saw that he was being serious and just threw me a pillow, to which I almost let it drop onto the floor before he took off his shirt and jumped into his bed.

       "You're going to experience what people had to pass through because of you Rifes." It was as if he snarled at me, eyes cold and showing how serious he was.

      But instead of arguing back, I had been so tired, that I didn't. Shaking my head, I turn away from him and with my silent anger, I grab the pillow and went to another corner of the room.

      Placing the pillow down and trying to to make it seem like it looked to be comfortable, I finally laid down and held in a groan since the ground was hard and I only felt comfortable from my neck and up.

       I turned to face the wall, eyes not bothering to go over the minor details on it and just closing. It was silent, soon, I heard nothing but silent breaths faintly from across the room.

       Tossing and turning, nothing was useful as I tried my best to sleep. I felt extremely uncomfortable. I sat up on the floor and had my eyes then avert to the window by the desk.

       I debated whether to stand up and in the end, I did. I approached the window and looked outside, clearly seeing the stars that were spread across the dark night sky along with pieces of the shattered moon.

       It was beautiful and yet painful to look at somehow — because I thought of Chaeyoung. For the past days, I've only thought of Chaeyoung, the closest person I've had for as long as I could remember.

      I missed her kind words, on how she'd soothe my anger whenever I was mad, whenever I wanted to talk to her she would always listen and we had conversations that would go on for hours. I miss her — I miss my considered sister.

       And carefully, I opened the window, feeling the warm wind blow back my hair and make my body feel warm, it felt nice... it made me want to cry for how miserable I came to realise I was. But I didn't cry, because of how prideful I was raised to be and it still didn't feel right to let it all out.

       I deeply inhaled before slowly breathing out, I need to stay strong, for sure I can find a way out of here if I am smart enough. I just need to have the brains and think, what could I do to escape?

       There can't be a way for you to escape. That thought went through my mind, I remember the map Irene showed me in the morning, how far Busan seemed to be from Pure Seoul — or as it was on the map, just Seoul.

      But like Chaeyoung says, nothing is impossible and I just need to push myself to achieve it. And I will.

     A I turn to face Kai who had an arm supporting his head while he peacefully slept. Just you watch, this may not be enough to open my eyes completely, and until I don't see the entire image, I am not giving up on running back to the capital.