o01

I still remember the day it all happened, the day we thought it would be the day we die but instead we have to suffer in an agonizingly slow way. It all happened during the middle of the night where most people would still be awake to see a meteor shower.

I was on my way to the convenience store, to get myself something to eat before going back to my dorm — until an unbelievable sight had happened right before my eyes and above me.

A bright light slowly started to outshine many in the dark blue sky, and not long after, the moon looked as if to be fading into ashes until it's pieces started to get larger and come apart. What had been happening? Some people were amazed, some looked to be confused — I was one of them — and some even scared.

      That had been the start of hell. Everything drastically changed since then.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ ♕ ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

      year of 2028, main city of seoul

       "Why, don't you know how to do anything?!" A man dressed all in black asked to the girl kneeling before him, her forehead glued to the ground while a few strands of her brown hair also dropped to the ground while another servant was behind her and trimming away her long tresses. "For heaven's sake, this is just your third mistake this month, should I count how many mistakes since the start of the year?" He crouched and tug on the female's badly cut hair, forcing her to raise her head and look at him with tear-brimmed eyes.

       Before them was a female, she wore a long white attire, that was cut on the side so that she could move freely and show off a part of her, her white ankle low heel boots were stained a dark colour. She had long, luxurious brown hair that would make anybody envy her, eyes that shone but if you angered her, just a stare would seem enough to kill.

       Lisa had her arms crossed over her chest until letting out another sigh at the man who had been just scolding non-stop, she snaps her fingers and the sound of it resonates through the room and instantly earning silence from the servants and head of the maids.

       "Why, can't you be any louder?" The female says, placing her hands on her hips and approaching the head maid and girl who was still knelt down on the ground, the maid who was trimming off the girl's tresses had already backed away while owing her head deeply. "You should deal with this rather quietly, especially if it's before me, I don't like too much noise at times, you know."

        She glared for a split second at the man dressed in black. "Let go of her." He did as told and quickly bowed his head, Lisa then stretched out her hand to the female who was still knelt on the ground, her red forehead was visible since her bangs had been cut short. "Stand up." The girl nodded quickly and thanked Lisa as she took her hand, and with her help, stood up, but her legs still trembling in the slightest.

        Lisa analysed the girl up and down. "What is your name?"

        "Yerim."

         "Then, you over there." Lisa pointed to the girl who had partly cut off Yerim's hair. "Take Yerim to Lady Hyojin and tell her to fix her hair." The servant bowed her head and silently yet quickly asked for Yerim to stand up and follow up.

          Lisa watched them walk to the door before turning to the head maid, who still had his head bowed to the girl. She let out a sigh and looked down at her shoe. "It was merely an accident, Mister... Jung Taehyun, is it? Well, not that it matters, your name is not going to be heard in this building anymore or any other." She watched the male lift his eyes and look at her, shocked.

         He had been quick to go on this knees and glue his forehead to the ground, like Yerim had done earlier at his command. The only thing missing, was having someone cut off his hair, but there was barely any to cut.

        "Please forgive me, Lady Lisa! I was just doing what I thought had been right!" He begged but Lisa barely gave any attention to his pleas and turned away, she took off her shoes on her way to the couch beside the large window of her room. "I won't do any--"

         "There's no use in apologising." She cuts him off sharply, laying herself down on the couch and letting out another but when opening her eyes, she glared dangerously at the man who was knelt on the ground and not too far from her, his eyes showing fear and anxiety. "There was no need to cut off the girl's hair, there was no need to make her do such things, there was no need for such extremities." Lisa remarks and raises her hand quickly, a female servant makes her to the space behind her.

          Before Jung Taehyun could open his mouth to try and explain himself again, Lisa raised her hand and calmly let it drop to her lower stomach.

          "I don't need to hear anymore excuses, your services up until were excellent, a head maid is quite easy to replace." She calmly closes her eyes and exhales in relief when feeling the maid place her fingers onto her forehead and gently apply pressure onto it. "Now, get this man out of room and make sure there's nothing that is of his belonging behind as he also leaves the building."

          Lisa found it easy to ignore how Jung Taehyun had been pleading and begging loudly, servants stared at her, half terrified and half not certain of how to feel.

         A girl who looked to be about Lisa's age walked into the room, two maids of her own trailing behind her. Chaeyoung leaned against the door and just from doing that, the servants inside Lisa's room bowed their heads.

         "What was all that screaming about?" The girl who was laid on the couch opened her eyes and had them avert to the side, finally seeing her considered sister standing there, in a fairly similar outfit to her own except that Chaeyoung had longer sleeves.

         Lisa smiled and thanked the maid, who bowed her head and went back slightly, but still knelt down.

         "Nothing much, would you like to have a seat?"