Liana responded quickly, “My grandma is getting better, just need to regain her balance a bit.” I replied back by telling her hope her grandmother will continue to get well. I cannot imagine having a grandparent and they were sick. She ushered a smile and quickly leap for a hug. She wrapped her arms around my back; when she got closer to my face, she landed a kiss on my left cheek.

I cracked a smirk in response to that; we ended the hug. She soon replied, “Thank you.” And then turned around walking down the hallway; I wondered where she was going since our biology class was about to start in five minutes. She told me that she’ll be in class but had to meet someone right quick.

Who was this someone?

Whoever this someone was either another gal or a guy, I tried to ignore, but being that best friend I did not want to hurt her. We are not dating or anything, but those nagging feelings I still have was definitely not going away. As the school day ended, I was reminded by Mal to meet him in the forest right after classes end.

***

Heading back to the border of the town, I walk into the forest not even wanted to think about what happened yesterday and learning there was a way to kill me. I then hear a loud noise.

“Hey!”

I turn around hastily to see Mal yelling. I sort was a bit scared placing my hand over my chest. “Don’t do that!”

“I wanted to get your attention.”

“Where there is something called touching; that’s all what you need to do.”

“Didn’t get the memo.”

“So, what now?!”

“Time to train…” Before he finished up what he had to say, I feel Karina and Aris explained about the second trial and the hellhounds; but I needed to tell him about what I recently discovered about my other side earlier today.

“Mal, you need to know this!” I state.

“What is it?” He says very cautiously.

“You know summoning fireballs right.”

“Yes, why?”

“I just did it yesterday and it wasn’t a typical fireball.”

“What you mean?”

I need to show him instead of telling; so I rise my right hand up near my head and neck level and trying to sense the burning that I felt yesterday. I even close my eyes trying to wonder why it is not working. I open back up my eyes where there is nothing on my right hand.

“So you can throw a fireball; that is great. It will definitely come in handy.” Mal says.

I want to show him that is a mere fireball; it is not the typical colors of fire it is something else. I did not want to tell him because it is better to see what it is; instead my demonic side is playing mind games with me.

“What are you doing Caden?” Mal asks being a bit confused in what I’m trying to do, but as I look back at him wanting to respond back, I cannot feel the burn which I felt yesterday. It was scorching hot in the way I felt the fireball being summoned into my hand. However, I do not think it was actually me, but it was demonic side. Yet again, an example why two sides of me is not working as one.

Mal looks at me still trying to question why I cannot summon up a fireball, and I hope he figure out what I’m thinking.

“You can’t summon a fireball?” He asks.

“No!” I reply back. “In fact, my demonic side summoned it; I didn’t have any full control until I was able to throw it in the boy’s restroom and made a toilet explode.”