Emotions

I watched as Chresanto sat down across from me.

"Hey" he greeted with a smile.

Hey.

"Are you free Saturday?"

I nodded.

"Okay, good, I thought we could maybe go to dinner? Or is that too cheesy? We don't have to go to dinner".

Dinner's fine.

I smiled a little as he stumbled over his words.

Ray told me about how you wouldn't stop talking about me when you two were in gym the other day.

He looked at what I wrote and his cheeks went to a light red.

"Oh, um, yeah".

Whatcha say about me?

"Nothing".

I looked at him and raised an eyebrow.

Am I embarrassing you?

"Maybe".

He gave me an amused look and I smiled a little. Maybe he wasn't so bad after all.

Was it my eyes or my smile that got you started?

"Eyes, first thing I saw when I bumped into you".

I began to doodle on the edge of the board. I drew a series of tiny things, I drew: a tree, a flower, and a bird.

"Are you having fun?"

I nodded a little.

C H R E S A N T O

I wrote out his name and made little smiley faces around it. Next, I drew tiny footballs.

I looked at him and he nodded. "Yeah, I still play".

I smiled a little.

>>*<<

"So, how'd he do it?" I stared at Parker.

It's been a while since I've really seen him. He looked the same, his short spiky blonde hair looked as it always had been, and his blue eyes still looked like an ocean that I could drown myself in. 

"Yeah, what really happened to him?" Michael asked. His brown eyes casted a slightly confused look, but I didn't let that fool me. I knew he was just curious; he didn't really care. 

"The rumours that are going around, are crazy" Jaden added, he inched closer to me and I took a step back. 

I held my whiteboard in my hands and quickly wrote the words: what do you think happened to him?

"He killed himself, of course" Michael stated. 

"Everyone knows that, but we wanna know is how? You're the only one who truly knows, you can put all these rumours to shame" Parker explained. 

It's none of your business as to how Jacob did it.

"Oh, come on, we just wanna know" Jaden stated.

I rolled my eyes. 

Oh, please.

"That's why you don't talk, isn't it?"

I looked at Michael and turned away from him. I tried to walk away but Parker blocked my path.

"It's really pathetic that you stopped talking just because of Jacob".

I looked down at the floor.

"Hey, is something going on here?"

I looked up and saw Chresanto, he was looking at Parker.

"No?" Parker replied.

"Oh, I mean, I was just wondering because it looked like you guys were being bastards; although you look like that all the time".

"Go away, August" Jaden said with an eye roll.

"We were just having a friendly chat with Bria, here. About Jacob, can you believe she stopped talking just because of him? How stupid is that?" Michael asked.

His words hurt and I mentally told myself not to let it get to me, but I just couldn't believe what he said.

Was me going mute, really pathetic?

"Who knows, maybe she was the reason for what Jacob di-" I don't know what came over me, I suppose anger, but I found myself whacking Parker with my whiteboard.

I glared at him before pushing past the four teenage boys and storming down the hall.

"Bria, wait!" I heard Chresanto call out, "hold on".

I ignored him and kept walking as I stuffed my board in my bag, I folded my arms across my chest and took a deep breath.

"Stop walking" Chresanto stated, I didn't wanna listen to him but I did anyway and came to a halt. I wiped the sudden tears from my eyes away and ran my hand through my hair. After what just happened, I realized something; Jacob hasn't talked to me in the past two days. Why?

"Now turn around".

I turned around and faced him. He smiled at me and all I could muster up was a glare.

He suddenly winced like he was in pain, "ouch, that glare is blinding".

I smiled a little but quickly wiped it from my face. I was in no mood to smile.

"Aw, no, I like it when you smile. Do it again?".

I rolled my eyes and turned away and walked off. I rounded the corner and nearly ran into someone. 

"Hey, watch out" it was my brother. I looked at him. 

"Hey" he greeted, "why aren't you in class?" 

I pulled out my whiteboard and was about to write but I felt a hand on my shoulder. 

"Hey, you're not mad at me, are you?" I turned around and looked at Chresanto. 

I shook my head. 

No, just irritated. Not with you, with Parker, Jaden, and Michael.

"Um... Parker, Jaden, and Michael? What happened with them?" Ray asked as he stood beside Chresanto. 

"I... Uh, don't know really" Chresanto said as he looked at me, "I walked into it". 

They were asking about Jacob. Ya'know, like wanting to know what really happened to him. It's nothing.

"If it's nothing then why were you upset?"

How do you know I was upset?

He looked at me, and I looked away. 

"That's how I know, you can't even look at me". 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for any mistakes and I'm sorry for the late update.

Love,

Me.