chapter five -talk fast 💬

"Of course I remember that Valentine's Day Luke, how could I forget. Those moments were truly beautiful, but those moments didn't last."

Sophie would go back and think about that day every fight they had and it would make it all seem worth it too her.

"Well Soph, I don't wanna think of a moment with you. I'm kinda hoping for forever."

More than anything in the world he just wanted the her back in his arms. He just wanted to be able to talk about everything and anything with her. He wanted a million more days like that Valentine's day.

"Luke I don't know what it is, but I want your love in every flavor." Days like that Valentine's day is something she'd never have with Noah so she needed Luke right now.

She took him by the arm and dragged him out of the party and straight to her car.

"Soph don't take this as me stopping you because honestly I'll take what I can get from you, but what about Noah?" Luke wanted Sophie and honestly no boy was going to stop him, but out of respect for Sophie, he felt obligated least gonna mention it.

"You drive, I'm drunk. And I'm calling Noah on the way over there. Right now all I can think about is you. And all I want is you."

Sophie knew already she was going to regret this in the morning yet she couldn't stop herself. She had a crave for Luke that would never be curbed until she had at least one more night with him.

"But Luke, you need to leave all your indecision's with you at home." Sophie was not in the mood for all the talking, not now at least.

"How could I have any indecision's when it comes to wanting you."

And with that Luke and Sophie were ready for a night of escaping every problem.

Sophie woke up in Luke's bed with a pounding headache, in the brief moment of the calm before the storm

It was a familiar feeling to her, waking up in Luke's bed.

But then the other shoe dropped.

She remembered every single stupid decision she made last night.

She finally pried her eyes open ready to face all her mistakes. The bed had been abandoned by Luke though, Sophie was alone. Luke had gone downstairs for aspirin for Sophie; he knew she would wake with a pounding headache.

"I got your medicine. But we need to talk about last night"

Luke wasn't beating around the bushes anymore.

He wanted to get straight to the point there wasn't any need to make it more complicated than it already was.

"Would you wait, a moment? Just give me a second that's all. I need to process everything."

Sophie needed more than a second to let everything settle. Something seriously crazy must have been consuming her mind, she couldn't even begin to explain why she did what she did.

"Okay Luke. I ended things with Noah last night, obviously there's no fixing that. But you and I know we don't work. It didn't work before it can't work now."

Sophie was trying to reason now that she was in a better state of mind than last night.

"Sophie, we won't last but I'm okay with that."

"It's a burn crash kind of romance, but like i said last night I'll take what i can get from you. I just want to be with you it doesn't matter to me how."

Luke kept pouring his heart out to this girl, and honestly, he had no intention of stopping anytime soon. She was the only one he could see him self with.

"Luke, we cant keep doing this. It's a mess. We're a mess." Sophie couldn't think of the right words any longer.

She wanted to cave, she wanted to get back with Luke, but she knew it would break both of them. She wanted to never leave his beds and stay snuggled into him for the rest of her life, but she knew that could never happen.

"Sophie, I've been in love with you since we were in fifth grade, we have that forever kind of thing remember? Destiny, fate, all of it? Did all your feelings just fade?"

He wouldn't give up on Sophie ever; he wasn't even sure he had the ability too.

"Luke I'll always have feelings for you, there's absolutely no doubt about that. And forevers, destiny, and fate was all just something we believed back then. You'll forever be my best friend and first love; no one will ever be able to take that away from us. We are each other's first loves; we're just not meant to be each other's last loves. Just because we both love each other though does not mean we should keep trying to shove two puzzle pieces together when there have been more than enough signs that they don't fit." Sophie needed to get everything off her chest one last time.

Reality had been harsh to the young couple in the past year.

Sophie would leave Luke's house and not come back; this was going to be the real end.

She would be able to wave to him in the streets and smile friendly at mutual gatherings, but they would never snuggle up in his bed watching movies all day, and they would never exchange their love each other anymore.

Goodbyes were always hard for Sophie, but this goodbye had been a long time in the coming, and she knew she couldn't postpone it anymore.

This talk fast romance needs to end. She's ringing the bell for the last call.

"Luke in a few moments I'm gonna walk out, and I'm not gonna come back, we'll be friendly when we see each other, but we won't ever get back together. I'm doing this for the both of us; we shouldn't have contact with each other either, it makes heartbreak that much harder. I will love you forever, but I can't be with you forever.

"I'm sorry Luke.

" Please don't say anything else, I need to go, and it'll just make it harder. We both need to move along from this, as difficult as it may be"

Sophie finished and pulled Luke into the tightest hug she's ever given , she held on for a few moments bracing her self to leave.

Then she walked out of the house, shutting the door on their relationship what they thought would be once and for all.