chapter three - lie to me 🌃

Luke had spent the next three weeks cooped up in his room heartbroken. Though Sophie had been out every night partying with Noah, it kept her mind off everything else. Though tonight Luke was being dragged out to a party by his band mates, he hoped getting out of the house would dissolve some of the burning pain in his heart.

Luke and Calum arrived at the party at the peak of the event

Luke and Calum arrived at the party at the peak of the event. It was their friend Alexis who was throwing the party and let's just say she never threw a dull party. Luke was convinced everyone in L.A. in attendance tonight. It stung him to think about how him and Sophie used to attend this events together but little did he know she was there, only just not with him.

Luke's first mission was to find drinks. Alcohol always seemed to numb his pain, even if it was only for a short period of time.

Although what he saw next is what really did it for him. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a Sophie. Her once dark brunette hair dyed blonde. She looked brand new overnight, he barley even recognized her. She was staring him down, but by the time Luke had managed to turn his whole head she had turned her entire attention focused back to the group of people she was talking too.

He had caught her looking, but Sophie was definitely not going to let him catch her looking twice.

All Luke could think to himself was how happy she looked. She did look happy, happier than he had been for sure. After chugging three beers for some liquid courage, he went straight up to the girl he used to know so well and tapped her on the shoulder.

"Hey Soph, Hey... Noah is it?" Luke slung his arm around the two a little cocky from all the alcohol coursing through his veins.

"Yes Noah. Luke right man? I remember you from back in High School." The three had all attended the same High School only Noah and Luke had never been close.

"I truly don't mean to ruin a catch-up moment before it can even start, but Noah do you mind if I have a quick chat with Luke?" Sophie used her fakest nice tone while pulling Luke away before Noah even had the chance to finish nodding his head in response. 

Sophie was furious and was willing to waste no time getting straight to her point.

"Luke, what are you doing here! Can you please leave me and Noah alone?"

She would never admit but seeing him but a strain on her relationship with Noah because she wished for nothing more than to be back with Luke, which she knew could never happen.

"I'm sorry, I just wanted too see how you are. You look happy though." was all Luke could come up with on that spot.

"Thanks, Luke. Is that all?" Sophie was eager to walk away and not look back.

"Sometimes I wish we never met Soph, cause you're far too hard to forget." Luke let his words pour right out of his mind.

"Luke it's three am and the moonlights testing me so i'll just tell you the truth I ain't happy." Sophie had been drinking and thinking all night. Seeing him in front of her had her pouring out her heart to him.

"It hurts me to wake up everyday to know that while I'm cleaning up your mess he's taking off your dress." The bandaid was ripped off and Sophie and Luke were both confessing what they had been holding in.

"Look. I know that you don't but If I ask you if you love me will you just lie to me?" Luke needed to hear her say it, even if it was just one more time that she loved him.

"I can't give you the answer you want to that Luke. Yes I still care about you, but no I don't still love you." Sophie knew that what she was saying was a lie but Luke believed every word. She knew she couldn't tell him the truth, no amount of love could fix their tarnished relationship, and she had her 'perfect' boy waiting just across the room for her.

"Just one last thing Soph, do you remember Valentine's day last year?"