Chapter 45

Lincoln's warning helped, and the group continued forward. Kenju's sudden arrogance wasn't helping, but they all had larger fish to fry- namely, GRAVITY.

Jumping up platforms would have been nearly impossible if not for Kitsu's use of wind to propel everyone higher in short spurts that were draining him of energy. It seemed that he was also slowing the descent of each platform in front of them, but this was still straining him greatly.

Nicole and Raitoningu made it across first, followed by Sapphire and Lincoln who looked back and offered Kitsu their hands as the brown-haired male jumped forward and was caught by the two. He glanced towards one of Lincoln's arms and blinked for a moment, before shaking his head and figuring that his mind was playing tricks on him. "Thanks..."

"No problem," Lincoln responded, now directing his attention towards the two streaks of light in the sky. Fusion Dexter's insane laughter rung throughout the skies, until suddenly something flashed in the distance, causing Fusion Dexter and Kenju to stop in their tracks, turning towards it as if it were something important.

"No fucking way-" Kenju breathed.

The others saw nothing beyond the trees, but Kenju's sudden shout alerted them. "HOLD ONTO SOMETHING, MAKE A DOME, BRACE YOURSELVES, I DON'T CARE! JUST HURRY UP!"

With the last of his energy, Kitsu formed a dome of ice around the group, and then the earth rumbled. Beneath them, the ground shifted, cracked, but stayed together due to the dome assisting. The dome itself formed web-like cracks all over, to the point that chunks began to fall from the ceiling. Eventually, everything stopped, and they could relax... But the dome was barely intact after all of that.

"What was that?" Raitoningu asked.

Fusion Dexter landed now, followed by Kenju who glared towards the smirking green scientist.

"It won't work..." Kenju spat. "I'll kill you and anyone else from that fucking planet, don't you dare test me... Just because the spear's here doesn't mean I won't stop it,"

"You'd even kill her, Kenju?" Fusion Dexter asked, pointing up to the sky.

As if on cue, another flash of light, a green one this time, pierced through the clouds and landed in the same area in the distance, but with a lot less force. Kenju took a step back, his eyes widening... He felt something obviously.

"Is that fear? No... No, you don't fear her, you fear someone else, Kenju..." Fusion Dexter began, now tapping a few buttons on his watch so that a protective field of energy formed around him. He kept his guard up, eyeing everyone in the group before pointing to the exhausted soldiers individually- Starting with Sapphire.

"You're conflicted... I look like the man you love, and I am him. Everything that makes that man who he is makes me who I am... And you don't know how to feel,"

Sapphire stopped in her tracks, lowering her bow and going wide-eyed.

"It's so adorable... To the point that you disgust me,"

At that point, it looked like the girl was prepared to cry, shoot up the forest, and just kill everything in sight. 

"And Lincoln," the Fusion continued. "You're different. Something about you is familiar, yet I can't quite trace it anywhere... However, you definitely don't belong. You're an anomaly of some sort,"

Kenju was prepared to launch forward, but stopped himself, deciding to move in front of the others protectively to avoid any sudden sneak attacks from the scientist.

"Kitsu..." Fusion Dexter smirked. "You're definitely interesting. I think I like you. So full of hate, despair.. There's a storm churning inside of you, yet you've sealed it off. I wonder how much I can push you until you explode,"