Chapter 44

He descended further into the bowels of his castle, deeper into darkness until finally reaching the final step.

His foot touched black rock with a clang, and the glow of his eyes accompanied by numerous others' made the dungeons shine. Slowly, he approached a door at the end of a hall, reaching for the handle and slowly opening it to reveal light. The other glows emanated loud hisses, scrambling around one another to escape the path of light that shone into the corridor and exposed their bare rocky "skin" to heat that sizzled upon contact with them.

Fuse took a few steps into the room, closing the door behind himself and staring towards a teenage girl.

"Daughter,"

The girl had silky black hair, just like the ghostly woman Fuse had met with earlier- Her and Kenju's mother. Her green eyes were clouded, and void of feeling just like her face as she sat at the edge of a pink bed with a few stuffed animals. An open bathroom had the faintest trickles of water audible, indicating that she had just finished a bath, and the kitchen had a sweet scent coming from him, accompanied by a green cake.

"Papa... Where is he?"

"It's been a while, my child. How have you been holding up?"

"I've been fine, Papa... See?" she pointed to a green cake, then to several others that had been piled up against the nearby wall. "I've made one every few minutes... All of them for his birthday."

"His birthday's passed. You've missed it, Daughter."

The girl sat there for a moment, as if trying to process what she'd heard. He clenched her bedsheets, and her green eyes that were once void of feeling faded to a psychotic green mush of fury. Her brows furrowed, and she twitched violently, a glow of green surrounding her form. "Where... Is my... Baby... Brother?"

"Earth,"

A high-pitched screech of fury erupted from her lungs, and the glow of green intensified. The floors cracked, the lights dimmed, and the walls began to crumble. Over the sounds of destruction and the carnage the girl wrought on the creatures outside of the room, Fuse continued to speak.

"There's a way there... You'll see your 'landing pad' when you gaze upon the Earth from the lawless lands. They've risen once more, and the spear's been used. Bring your brother back, Hestia, save him from those who have bewitched him... And you won't ever have to miss a birthday of his again, nor will he ever leave your sight."

"And I can pick out his clothes? And pick out his bride? And hug him? And hold and squeeze him again?" 

She began to visibly relax now, a red flush tinting her cheeks as she popped the head off of one of the vampiric creatures due to the force at which she wrung its neck. Green splattered across her clothing and the walls, but she only began to give her father an insane smile, indicating that she didn't really mind getting dirty.

"Don't worry, Papa... I'll make sure I find him. I'll bring him back, and I'll kill whoever's hurting my baby brother. Then we'll all be happy, and you can bring back Momma too!"

"Then go... I'm sure there are plenty of pods left,"

"No, Papa... I don't need a pod!~" Hestia giggled, dropping the mutilated corpse and dancing around the carnage. "I'll just jump."

She adorned a black jumpsuit, black and green highboots, matching gloves and armor- Then, she whipped her hair back, letting it fall behind her as she walked towards the stairs Fuse had walked down. Immediately, she vanished, appearing above the throne room and staring at Earth with her lips pursed and a thumb tapping her chin until her eyes locked onto a massive green splotch. "There you are... I don't need to go to an ancient spot for this,"

She focused, then flew towards the green splotch on the earth, damn near shifting the entire Planet Fusion out of alignment from the force at which she flew at. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

K.N.D agents, Providence agents, Plumbers, Dexter's nano-using squadrons- A mix of numerous defenders of Earth were searching around this new phenomenon. The dirt was corroded, and it seemed like the spear embedded in a massive crater was the source due to the energies it was radiating.

A blonde boy with a bowlcut hairstyle, an orange shirt, and blue pants could be seen huffing and angrily moving towards the spear. In an angry, Australian accent, he rose his voice: "And what the hell's this? We've already lost a base, where the fuc-"

A large gust of wind and the trembling of the earth soon followed, a beam of pure green light breaching the clouds as a girl's figure rose from the center of it as a silhouette with glowing red eyes. Numbuh 4 blinked, then looked back at the shaken up soldiers who just stared. Then, the K.N.D agent looked right back over to the girl who had crashed down.

He turned his attention back to her, then sniffed the air for a moment. "Oi! Change the settings of your gun to something other than coconuts, you know what that does to me!"

"Sorry!" a flustered boy piped up, before crouching down and performing a series of clicks on his weapon. 

The smoke cleared, revealing Hestia who seemed to be recovering from her fall at exponential rates. She walked forward, then held her hand out. "Give it, and I may spare your lives if you answer a question for me..."

Once again, Numbuh 4 blinked. "Are you mad, mate- Wait, you're a girl..."

His eyes seemed to lower to her chest for a split second, then he coughed awkwardly and gripped the spear tighter, intent on pulling it back. "This is gonna have to be confiscated, evidence, blah-blah. I dunno who you are, but we can't let you have this..."

"Well then, mercy seems to be out of the question... I'll ask another. I sense a more than ten trillion life forms on this world, and you humans make up about five billion. You've got blood to spare," Hestia spoke, now narrowing her eyes towards the soldiers. "They'll all tell me where my baby brother is..."

Numbuh 4 took a sucker out of his mouth after crunching on it, then tossed it to the ground. "Okay, you're out of your mind. Move along, lady, we'll escort you back to base... You probably need a docto-"

A fist met his stomach, knocking the wind out of him and sending him flying into a column of rock, shattering it and leaving him unconscious beneath the wreckage. A soldier, a medic, ran to his side and began to click buttons on the K.N.D agent's wristwatch. "Go to Mt. Blackhead, Captain Numbuh 4. We'll take care of things here..." she whispered.

Numbuh 4 began to stir as a light encased him. He was teleporting somewhere, but when he blinked the spots out of his eyes what he saw was better left unsaid...

The spear was an inch away from his heart before he vanished into particles, appearing at the safety of Mt. Blackhead with a few more survivors- All covered in blood or remnants of their comrades...

"Kenju isn't the only one..." a Providence agent spoke up. "That one... She's worse. She fights like she has nothing to lose..."

"Get... Me a stretcher... Call Kuki and let her know I'm okay... And get me a line to Dexter."
-------------------------------------------------

Hestia stood in the center of carnage, bodies and parts strewn around as she lazily twirled her spear. A drop of blood landed on the corner of her mouth, fascinating her as she stared at her reflection in the spear.

"Momma wore red lipstick too..." she smiled, before rubbing it across her own lips with surprising accuracy. She stared at her own reflection for a moment, licked her lips, then continued forward at a walking pace.

"Onto the next place... We'll be reunited once more, baby brother. I've missed you!!~"