"Why wasn't my mother or one of her parents worthy? Why was it me?" I asked.

"It was your destiny," Katsuro explained. "It just wasn't meant to be. When your great grandfather died, we fell dormant inside the swords until a worthy soul came to call and yours just happen to be it; we don't pick our masters."

"Why haven't I heard of you before?" I asked. There had never been any mention of demons residing inside the Sister Swords.

"Very inquisitive one, aren't you?" Katsuro said with a smirk and I blushed. "Well, very few of your ancestors have even gotten to this stage; half of them didn't have the patience to meet us. Somewhere deep down, they had the power, had the promise, but couldn't meet us. They learned to use the swords in other ways, just not in the most powerful." I nodded. "Now, we work like any other demons, you can summon us if your will is strong enough. No one has been able to do that yet." I sat in silence, thinking everything over.

"Don't let him intimidate you," Kitiara said, placing her hand on my arm. "He finds joy is scaring people," she whispered as if Katsuro couldn't hear her. He growled and looked away. Kitiara sighed and stood up. "I believe it's time for you to head back; meeting with us puts a lot of physical and mental strain on the body," she explained.

"How do I-" I was cut off when my vision went dark once more before I opened my eyes to find the ceiling above me. My entire body ached, my head was pounding, and I was short of breath. The ceiling was suddenly gone and replaced by the face of Shura, her green eyes wide in worry.

"Are you alright, (Y/N)? You just passed out." I could only groan softly, closing my eyes. I felt tapping on my cheek. "No no no, stay awake," she said. I opened my eyes and glared up at her. "Can you tell me what happened?" she questioned and I nodded. I quietly told her what happened, suddenly extremely fatigued. All I wanted to do was go to sleep. "(Y/N), you have to stay awake," Shura scolded. I hadn't realized my eyes had drifted shut. Snapping them back open, I was met with a concerned looking Shura. "I don't know what that experience will do to you, so you need to stay awake. I'm going to call Mr. Okumura to come check you over, okay?" I nodded. "Do you want to sit up?" she asked. Again, only a nod.

She put her arm behind my back and slowly raised me to a sitting position. I groaned when my stomach sloshed dangerously and closed my eyes. I put a fist to my mouth and breathed deeply. "Easy there, (Y/N). Just relax," she instructed and I leaned my head back on the wall behind me. I could hear Shura's half of the conversation and she sounded worried. She hung up and told me that Mr. Okumura would be here in a few minutes.

Within that time, my phone started to ring from my bag. I opened one eye and looked across the room to where my bag was laying. "It's probably my dad," I said. "I was supposed to meet him and my brother at one." Shura immediately jogged over to my bag and started digging through it; I didn't have enough energy to protest. She answered it and introduced herself.

Sighing, I closed my eyes, hoping to get rid of my pounding headache. I jumped when the main doors banged open and I looked over to see Mr. Okumura striding over from across the room. Once he reached me, he crouched down and took my vitals, asking a few questions has he did so. I quickly explained what happened and he nodded when I was finished. By this time, Shura was off the phone.

"Your brother and dad are going to be here in a few minutes," she informed me. "So, doc, what going on?" Mr. Okumura sighed and leaned back on his heels.

"She's just exhausted. Whatever state of being those demons pulled her into did a number on her. Every second she was with them, was draining her of energy. There is nothing wrong with her," he concluded and I sighed in relief. "I suggest you rest and refrain from training like that until you feel one hundred percent," he said, looking at me in the eyes. I nodded. "My bet is that it's just like any other training; it'll get easier as you do it, but I want you to be safe while you do it. I only want you to train when you have supervision; we don't want anything happen to you."