Chapter 59: Taurus Showdown

Start from the beginning

At such a sudden unleashing of Yolanda's spirit, Danielle first widened eyes, but then frowned and made her own hand signs:

"Taurus Style, Player Art, Joker Mode - Wild Card!" she took the form of Yolanda herself.

The pink-haired woman gasped and adjusted her glasses to get sure if what she saw was truly real. Then she sneered, made her giant Ox spirit roar, and rushed towards her opponent at a full speed, but Danielle who had completely transformed into Yolanda wove signs and yelled another incantation in Yolanda's voice:

"Taurus Style, Defender Art, Guardian Mode; Ox spirit, Ring Twelve - Boulder Demon Ox!" she too, embraced herself with a giant Boulder Ox spirit and dashed at the opponent, the horns of the Ox spirits colliding.

"Go, maman!" Riza yelled with excitement.

"Hmm, Wild Card technique... Quite ingenious," Edmund smirked, "Only Jokers of the Player Class can use that technique, and it permits them to copy their opponent's powers completely. That way, Danielle will not only oppose Yolanda with her own powers but will find out about her strengths and weaknesses too, as she now wields all of her moves, including her very own Ox spirit". 

"She rocks!" Tiger yelled with joy.

The Ox spirits had quite an intense battle down on the ring. They both ferociously mooed and roared, bashing their heads and horns at each other, trying to harm one another as they could. 

"Ugh, you copied my spirit, huh?" Yolanda sneered as her Ox spirit hit Danielle's one, "And you even copied my looks! But the original shall always win! You are still fake!" she gave a battle cry, making her Ox spirit roar with fury, and then yelled an incantation: "Taurus Style, Defender Art, Guardian Mode - Massive Earthquake!"

Instantly, the earth shook only under Danielle's Ox's feet, pointy boulders rose from the ground, pierced right through the Ox spirit silhouette and made it vanish. Danielle received wounds as her body was linked with the spirit's one, so she fell on the ground, bleeding. She transformed back into her original self and coughed, lying on the ground severely wounded.

"Ah, no! Maman!" Riza got worked up and sprang from her seat, wanting to rush down on the ring, but Edmund caught her arm. "Let me go!"

"The battle's not over yet".

"Huh?" Riza blinked and looked back at the ring.

Yolanda laughed and crossed her arms from inside her Ox spirit's core:

"Told you, you're a fake! Nothing beats the original!"

Danielle chuckled and coughed, barely standing up. She wiped the sweat off her forehead and wove signs again.

"Huh? You can still stand? No big deal! We can change that!" Yolanda's Ox spirit raised its foot, ready to stomp on Danielle.

"Mom!" Riza got worried - she would get squashed there if she didn't do something! The Ox spirit bashed its foot to the ground, exactly where Danielle was standing. "No! Mother!"

But when the dust aerated, the whole crowd's jaws dropped - a giant Boulder Gorilla hand had clutched the Ox's foot and stopped it! Riza widened eyes - she had never seen her mother's spirit unlocked at Ring Twelve before... So it was not only some Monkey but a Boulder Gorilla?!

 So it was not only some Monkey but a Boulder Gorilla?!

My mom's amazing...

The giant Gorilla spirit threw the Ox away and stood up, holding Danielle in its core. Danielle grinned at stupefied Yolanda and declared:

"Let's begin with the real show now!"