Chapter 19: The Muse of a Writer

"Blizzard, fire! Christo, ground crack at four o'clock! Astra, aid him!" Tiger was trying to catch the enemy who was running around with her Mouse spirit. She had long dissolved Fiorette's summoned haze with her lianas, as the plants were great at absorbing air, and generally, it was known that the Earth was the strongest element against the Air, but the fact that Tiger's and Fiorette's ranks greatly differed still gave Fiorette significant advantage. Tamie didn't sleep meanwhile either - she swung her summoned sword and tried to hit Fiorette and steal at least some of her energy with her weak blade (weak because she was only Rank One and could steal Rank One amount of power from Rank Eight Fiorette, which was not a big deal). Tiger's pets were at their limit too. Blizzard furiously barked and spat flames out of his mouth, but he couldn't get Fiorette who, as a Sneaker Class and a Mouse spirit, sprang around at an immense speed, and, as a Gemini, matched the speed of the wind. "Blizzard, Fire Circle! Astra, tie her feet with lianas! Christo, Boulder Prison!" Tiger gave another round of commands, and the pets, whose green eyes flashed and permitted them to see their mistress's plan through telepathic powers of Tamer Class, began fulfilling her orders - Blizzard growled and burst up a circle of flames around the whole battlefield, not letting Fiorette escape further.

"Huh? That won't work! I'll just put out the flames with my wind!" Fiorette grinned and ran towards the flames when suddenly lianas grew from below the floor and grabbed her feet, making her trip and fall down. She yelled and sneered back at Astra who had made those lianas emerge.

"Haha, got you! Good job, Astra!" Tiger clapped at her cat. Astra meowed happily in response. "Okay, Christo, finish this!" the girl then shouted to her male cat, who purred and hit his paws to the floor, making giant boulders emerge from all around Fiorette. They captured her in their clutches. "Haha! You're ours! Tamie, finish her now!"

"You don't have to ask me twice!" Tamie rushed forward and hit Fiorette with her blade. "Suck the energy out!" she yelled and the blade indeed sucked Fiorette's energy in itself, but suddenly they heard Fiorette's vile, arrogant chuckle.

"Huh?" Tiger, who barely stood on her feet from using up all of her energy, surprisedly blinked at the purple-haired woman. "What's so funny? You're about to collapse! Your energy is being depleted. You lost!"

"Oh, really?" Fiorette let out a sarcastic laugh again. "It is you whose energy's depleted - you've used up all of your powers and your pets can no more stand either. As for you," she turned back to Tamie, "do you sincerely think you can steal all the energy of your opponent when your own powers are no match against hers?" Indeed, Tamie soon gasped as she noticed how her sword, out of sucking more energy than it as the Rank One could possibly take, shattered, and she fell back from the impact of the blow. "You worms, you are no match against me!" Fiorette glowed with Light Grey Zen.

"The Zen of Gemini?!" collapsed Tamie and Tiger widened eyes – they had no more strength, neither had the pets, and this woman was still so full of energy that she could unleash Zen?!

"Mouse Spirit, Ring Twelve - Light Grey Demon Mouse!"

She had the Twelfth ring of spirit activation? That was the last and the highest upgrade for all spirits, and she could utilize it simultaneously with her Zen?!

What monstrous strength, and to imagine she's still not a Celestial Lady... We're toast... Tamie thought. She could no more move, let alone fight. She couldn't even press her Star-gadget just to call someone, and screw that - her Star-gadget had turned off in all this turmoil of battle!

As the Demon Mouse spirit embraced grinning Fiorette, she roared and blasted the two girls with her Light Grey Zen. The strong light and blow of air and dust blinded the girls' eyes. They exchanged desperate gazes.

"At least Riza will be alright..." Tamie whispered with her remaining strength.

"Sisterhood won't die..." Tiger bitterly smiled.

They were ready to be crushed when, out of Tamie's scroll that was thrown on the ground before her, large yellow light emerged, and a manly silhouette appeared who swung his large, black-handled, glittering katana-blade, and sent the Zen attack back at Fiorette, even magnifying the shot and hitting her at full force! Fiorette screamed as she broke a wall and got blasted off the tower. Tiger's and Tamie's jaws dropped - what was this monstrous strength?! Who was this guy?

The golden light subsided on the boy and his long purple hair-tail appeared. Once he turned back to gaze into Tamie's face with his light blue shimmering eyes and a stern expression, Tamie instantly recognized him:

 Once he turned back to gaze into Tamie's face with his light blue shimmering eyes and a stern expression, Tamie instantly recognized him:

"B... Byakuya?"

"Do not die on me, Tamie..."

Those were the last words the girls heard before they both blacked out from fatigue.