Chapter 22: The Team Returns

After that fierce fight, as Riza was the only person to have sustained her powers, it was she who, with her Mouse spirit, had carried all of her friends and Tiger's three pets back to the Order building.

Edmund had collapsed immediately after the Divine Judgment Blast. His eyes heavily bled, so he was taken to his room. Nora Tinder, Olivia's elder sister, who was the highest rank of Defender Class and thus a powerful medic in the Rose Cruce, went upstairs to tend to the Magister's wounds. His eyes got bandaged and he had to remain in bed for a while. Tamie's condition wasn't good either. She lay in bed unconscious for days. Her Order ring showed she had raised five ranks all at once - she was now Rank Five of the Writer Class, the Expert. Nick was greatly worried about his sister - to raise five ranks in a single shot was not only a rare occurrence, but an abnormality, and he was sure this was the very reason his sister hadn't gone on recovery for a long time now, while Tiger, who was injured in the same battle as she, had not only fully recovered, but all of her three pets were totally fine already. Tiger too had raised a rank and she was Rank Four of the Tamer Class now - the Trainer, but raising one rank in a fierce battle, was totally normal and even a good sign.

So the friends had a lot to worry about. One good thing still happened, though - after Aquarius Lord Marvin Wagner lost his battle and by the powers of Divine Judgment Blast lost his Zodiac powers completely (for the Judgment Blast of Libra Bearers was a force that could take away the target's Zodiac powers), a new Aquarius Lord, or rather a Lady, was elected, and it turned out to be Shiba's, Rose Cruce member's, little sister - also a Rose Cruce member, Diana Wunderweiss, the Aquarius sign of a Dragon spirit, just like Marvin Wagner before. 

One day, Riza, Tiger, and their 'sisters' were sitting at a table together and were talking:

"So you are officially released from the Wagner Estate now, right, sis?" Tiger joyfully looked at Riza.

"Yes. The Council took into account the arguments of Magister that I am an official member of Rose Cruce Order for years, so I am free. What's more, Marvin has no power or authority left in his hands anyway". 

"And I guess when Magister finally awakens your mom will join our order too!"

"Hehe, I believe so..." Riza's cheeks flushed as she beamed.

"Anyway, how's Tamie, Rianna?" Tiger then turned to her pink-haired sister, for she was the one who treated Tamie's injuries.

"Her body has totally recovered, but she's still unconscious," Rianna shrugged, sighing. "Lord Nick said it might be the result of her abnormal rise in ranks".

"That was indeed a weird occurrence..." Riza nodded. "Why did it happen?"

"I remember I saw some handsome guy pop out of her scroll and send that Fiorette flying, and then he smiled at Tamie, and we blacked out..."

"Huh? For real?" the girls' jaws dropped - how could Tamie summon a human from her scroll when she was only Rank One back then?

"Why didn't you tell it to Lord Nick?" Riza blinked at Tiger - such information shouldn't have remained hidden from Tamie's very own brother.

"I did. He was very thoughtful. He said he'd investigate".

"Whew, thank goodness..."

Silence fell for some minutes, but then Cherrie, the Leo sign of a Tiger spirit, broke it:

"So what about the Magister, is he going to be fine?"

Before Riza could give a reply, a deep, manly voice answered from beside:

"Yes, he's going to be alright".

All the girls started and looked aside, to see the goatee-bearded middle-aged man with sunglasses - the right-hand-man of the Magister in economic affairs of the Order.

"Ah, Goatee!" Olivia exclaimed.

This man was indeed referred to as 'Goatee Bill' or 'Goatee' by the fellow members, but his full name was William Steinbock. He was the Capricorn sign of a Goat spirit, and the final rank of the Builder Class, the Demigod - the exact man who could make Edmund's sight-decreasing glasses. He indeed held a new pair in his hands now.

"Really, William?" Riza brightened (she instead preferred to call him 'William' politely).

"Yes. Nora is tending to his injuries now. He still needs eye treatment, but he will be fine. He has actually woken up. I'm going to bring him the new glasses now, but I don't think he'll be able to take those bandages off his eyes anytime soon".

"Ah! That's truly unfortunate..." Riza grew sad - he had injured himself so much, all because of her. Edmund...

"You and your mother wanted to see him, right? He'll be able to receive you soon if you are willing to".

"Ah, yes, please!"

"Alright, I'll tell him," Goatee walked upstairs.