Chapter 32- Prisoners

The Angel of Death had once more come to Riverdale. Midge Klump's gruesome murder had gutted the entire town. And in grief, brought us together...

---

Lydia and I walked up to the ceremony and I sighed as I squeezed her hand

Lydia and I walked up to the ceremony and I sighed as I squeezed her hand. "I need to be with Moose during this" I told her and she agreed.

I stood with Moose at Midge's ceremony. Cheryl sang before stopping and said, "I also feel it is my duty to say that... Like the Furies of Ancient Greece, who ceaselessly pursue blood atonement when a crime's been committed, the Vixens and I vow that we will not rest until those responsible for the murder of our sister... Is rightly punished." I stuck close to Moose as he cried. When the ceremony was finished we walked up to Midge's mom and she hugged Moose tightly.

After everyone left Moose and I walked down the street hand in hand. "I'm scared Hope." he told me, "If that can happen to Midge in a room full of people what do you think will happen in a room of just two people?" Moose cried and I sighed. "I'm so sorry Moosey."

"You didn't even like Midge." Moose said and I bit my lip. "Actually, Midge didn't like me but you are my best friend. You have been since we were kids. If you're upset I'm upset." I told him and we stopped before Moose hugged me tightly. I hugged him back as he sobbed on my shoulder. "It hurts." he said and I just sqeezed him. "I just want it to stop. Why wont it stop" he cried and I just hugged him as tears fell from my eyes as well. I stayed the night at Moose's that night and the next.

We sat at the foot of his bed on the floor with his head on my lap. "Remember when we were kids and we got married under the monkey bars." I asked and he chuckled. "Betty was your maid of honor and Reggie was my best man." I smiled as we both said "Archie did the ceremony." We laughed and I said "Ms Gwen called us Mr and Mrs Moose for the rest of the year" Moose sighed and continued, "Hope?" he asked and I hmmed as I ran a hand through his hair. "I think I have feelings for Keller." he told me and I smiled. "Act on them" I told him and he looked at me as I looked down at him.

"I think he has feelings back for you" I told him and he smiled softly. "Go for it Moosey" I told him and he nodded. "I will." It fell silent until he spoke, "Hope?" I hmmed and he just says "I'm glad you have a cute boy to lean on. He better treat you right or the bulldogs and I will eat a snake for dinner." I laughed and said "He does Moosey. He treats me amazingly."

---

Some prisoners aren't bound by chains or locked in cells. Archie's prison was built with his own ambition and rage. And he'd just handed Hiram Lodge the keys... While, across town, the past was proving to be a cruel jailer.