Chapter 15-Nighthawks

Pop's Chock'lit Shoppe. For decades, the heart of Riverdale. Now, the latest casualty in the town's ongoing battle against darkness.

----------

"Pop's has always been my favorite spot in Riverdale

"Pop's has always been my favorite spot in Riverdale." I complained to Jordan as I did my hair and makeup. "Well babe you can't expect a ghosted place to stay open" he'd tell me. I sighed as I stared at my reflection. "What if there was a way to keep it open?" I asked and Jordan scoffed "Like what? Demolish it and then rebuild it" I sighed and shrugged. "I've had so many memories there. They can't just close it" I told him my voice filled with disappointment. Jordan came up behind me and I turned to look him in the eyes. He just pulled me in to a hug and kissed my head

 He just pulled me in to a hug and kissed my head

I stood at my locker as I put my stuff inside. "Hope!" I heard and turned seeing Betty right next to me. I jumped placing a hand over my heart. "Sorry. I just... I was looking on social media and the last post you said about a fundraiser.. I just, I have an idea" she told me and I smiled. "Whats that?" I slammed my locker shut as I turned following Betty to the Blue-and-Gold room.

Veronica and Kevin were there. I sat on top of a desk as she said "We can't let the terrorists win. We need to host an event at Pop's that reminds the town of simpler times. Like, a throwback to when the shoppe first opened its doors." Veronica then chimed in, " Betty, I like a good milkshake as much as any girl, and Pop's puts Serendipity 3's to shame. But, why this hill to die on?" Betty then sighed and looked at me. "Orange freezes with my mom and Polly after ballet. Chicken noodle soup with my dad after ice-skating... "

I sighed and chimed in cutting Betty off, "Milkshakes with Cheryl and Jason. Chili cheese fries with Jughead, ice cream sundaes with Archie after my dog died" I also met Jordan there to. Betty nodded, "Grilled cheeses with Archie on the last day of summer vacation. It's where I met you for the first time, Vee. It's where I met you for the first time. Also... Jug. He may lose his dad, but maybe I can save this one place for him... For all of us."

Someone knocked on the door and we all turned to the man in the door way. I knew who it was. Hiram Lodge. He held flowers and a box in his hands. "Hey. Veronica. May I speak to you?" he asked and eye'd me before Veronica stood up, "Daddy?" He stood up and walked out with him. "Daddy?" Betty and Kevin echoed. "Betty." I spoke and she turned to me. "I'm in... I've had to many memories there just to watch them close down the one place I know I can go to in the middle of the night." Betty smiled and turned to Kevin who sighed. "Fine i'm in to."