Chapter 23- The Blackboard Jungle

You know how there are just some towns where bad things always seem to happen? Well, Riverdale has become one of those towns. The most recent horror? The school janitor turned out to be a serial killer. But, we were putting him away along with our Christmas decorations. Now we were back to your typical small town intrigues, clandestine meetings behind closed doors and the like.

----

I stood at my locker talking to Chuck as the PA sounded, "students of Riverdale High, this is your principal speaking

I stood at my locker talking to Chuck as the PA sounded, "students of Riverdale High, this is your principal speaking. E-mails have been sent to your parents, but effective immediately, Southside High School is shut down. And its students will be transferred to other schools in the district, including this one." I looked at Chuck who looked at me, "I believe the statement we're releasing Will address your concerns and theirs. You should be receiving it shortly. I'm sure you have many questions. But it goes without saying, we are welcoming these students with open minds, hearts and arms." Chuck then called out "What the hell?" I shrugged "We're in for one hell of a ride"
—-

The next day came and I was once again standing at my locker when Cheryl hooked arms with me and then we walked about the school as more people joined us

The next day came and I was once again standing at my locker when Cheryl hooked arms with me and then we walked about the school as more people joined us. We heard word on Veronica's welcome wagon so Cheryl detoured that way "Stand down, Eva Peron!" Cheryl called out as we lead everyone down the stairs.

Reggie was behind me as he smirked the whole way "Cheryl. Hope. No one invited Fascist Barbie to the party." Veronica called out, "Wrong, Veronica, no one invited Southside scum to our school." Cheryl fired back. "Listen up, Ragamuffins." I called out, "I will not allow Riverdale High's above average GPA to suffer because of classrooms that are overcrowded with underachievers."

Cheryl then said "So please, do us all a favor, and find some other school to debase with your hardscrabble ways." Toni then stepped up and said "Why don't you come over here and say that to my face?" Cheryl then made us both step up, "Happily, Queen of the Buskers." Archie then stepped up and said "Okay Guys, everyone, can we just put our Northside-Southside differences apart and start over? A new slate? Mmm." Reggie then spoke up and said "You don't speak for the Bulldogs, Andrews." I scoffed and he turned to me, "Neither are you Reggie." he ignored me and continued "And need I remind you, these greaser-snakes showed up at your place trying to kick your ass."