Chapter 19- Death Proof

In Riverdale, everyone wears a mask, not just the Black Hood. But every so often, the mask slips and our true selves are laid bare, for all the world to see. So we scramble to put it back on, like a kid in a cheap Halloween costume, but it's too late. People have already seen what's underneath...

----------

I stood with Cheryl in the sheriff's office, as she told Sheriff Keller what that disgusting boy named Nick St

I stood with Cheryl in the sheriff's office, as she told Sheriff Keller what that disgusting boy named Nick St. Clair did to her. He drugged her and then tried to rape her. Later in the evening when we went home that night we told our mother and stood there as she didn't show any sign of concern.

Then I listened and comforted Cheryl all night, as she cried to me and went on and on about how scared she was. We then all had breakfast and tea with Veronica's parents the next day.

While our mother and Veronica's parents talked we stood in Veronica's room as we listened in to their conversation

"Penelope, thank you for coming. We called as soon as Cheryl told us." Hermione said and I looked at my still shaken up twin as we stood behind Veronica's listening to  the engagement. I took her hand in mine and she turned to me smiling, as she squeezed it. "And I appreciate that, I just wish you'd stopped her from talking to Sheriff Keller. Lord knows what Cheryl did or said to the St. Clair boy to provoke him." Our mother said, and Hermione then called out "According to Veronica, nothing."

"Hermione. Hiram. I want this handled discreetly. Bad enough Hope wont give up trying to play professional mediocre pianist." My mother said and I quietly scoffed, my mother never approved of me loving the piano. It was always Jason and daddy who supported me and took me to recitals and lessons.

"Well, I'm confident that the St. Clairs feel the same way." Hiram told her. "Then it's settled. I'll talk to that idiot Keller and tell him we won't be pressing charges. After all, nothing really happened to Cheryl." Our bitch of a mother said and I rolled my eyes.

Cheryl then left my side as she went to pull her cardigan on. "Cheryl, I'm... so sorry." Veronica said,

"Don't be silly. I'm used to it. And besides, you heard what Mommy said. Nothing really happened to me." Cheryl then told her. "Nick roofied you, he tried..." Veronica stammered but then was cut off by Cheryl "I'm fine, Veronica. Everything's fine." I sighed and chimed in, "If everything's fine sissy, why did we call Sheriff Keller and make a statement?" Cheryl then looked at me and said "A momentary lapse in sanity. I mean, can you even imagine? Me, facing off against Nick St. Clair in a courtroom battle royale? I'd be a laughing stock."