Chapter 14- A Kiss Before Dying

Our story continues. The Mayor's Jubilee was supposed to change everything. Be a new start. But when we woke up the next morning, Riverdale was still, at its heart, a haunted town.

Meanwhile, Archie Andrews, who doesn't even have a driver's license yet,is at this very moment careening down the streets of Riverdale, trying to outrace death. Now, I don't believe in miracles, usually, but it was a miracle that Archie got his dad to Riverdale General without wrecking the truck.

---------------

I rushed to the hospital seeing Cheryl standing there

I rushed to the hospital seeing Cheryl standing there. She pulled me in to a hug and whispered "Thornhill is no more. I put most of your stuff you'd want in Thistle house" Pulling back I nodded. I then noticed half the school was in the waiting room.

"What happened?" I asked and she looks around, "I don't know." she spoke and I raised an eyebrow. "Go be with mommy I'll be there in a second" I told her and she just turned and walked away.

I made my way over to Jughead and Betty. "Hope" Betty spoke and pulled me in to a hug. "What happened?" I asked. "Archie's dad got shot." Jughead told me and my eyes widened. "What?" I asked and we all looked at each other.

I then turned seeing Archie. His varsity jacket coated in blood. "Archie" I spoke and rushed over hugging him. He hugged me tightly and I heard his shaky breathing in my ear. Pulling back I looked him in the eyes, "I'm here for you Arch. If I can do anything at all call me" I told him and he nodded. "Thank you Hope" he told me and I smiled softly.

I then took a step back, "Now I have to go check on Cheryl and my mother. Remember what I told you" I told him and he nodded. I turned and smiled slightly at Veronica, Betty, and Jughead.

I then turned back and placed a hand on Archie's arm before walking away letting it slowly fall from it and come back to my side. My heels clicked as I approached my mother's room. "Sissy," Cheryl called out opening the door, and pulled me in the room.  "Archie's dad got shot during a robbery at Pop's" I told her and Cheryl turned to me. "Scary world now sissy" I told her.

We both took a walk to the bathroom before coming back to the room seeing our mother awake. We looked at each other and closed the room door behind us. I knew what Cheryl did. She told me before she did it. Cheryl and I shared a look before she spoke "Good. You're awake. Now, here's the realz, Baby Jane. I'm telling everyone you ran back into that towering inferno to save me, not that hideous family portrait that you love so much."

I then chimed in, "And that what happened at Thornhill was a terrible, tragic accident." We walked up to either side of her, and Cheryl says "If you tell anyone the truth about what happened with the fire, I'll tell everyone about what really happened in the barn with Daddy."

"You were cruel to us, Mother. It was abuse, plain and simple." I spat before getting an idea. I grabbed the clear plastic cord she's been breathing with and put a kink in it grasping it tightly in my hand.

"So henceforth, if you breathe, it is because we give you air. If you drink, it is because we poured your cup ourself. And if you move, it is quietly, and with our blessing." I let go of the tube and she gasped for air. I smirked and Cheryl sighed, "Things are going to be different now, Mommy. Better. You'll see." Cheryl told her.

I walked out of my mothers room and spotted Archie as he left a room. I told Cheryl I needed to go for a walk. I walked out of the hospital and had a half hour conversation with Jordan, before I went back inside. I found Fred Andrew's room and walked in. I stood by his side and sighed, as I ran the back of my hand lightly on his cheek.

"I'm sorry daddy was a jackass to you Mr. Andrews" I told him. I leaned down and left a red kiss on his head. "Hope. What're you doing?" I heard and leaned up looking to see Archie. "Paying you back for saving me at Sweetwater River. You gave me the kiss of life, Archie Andrews. Now I've given it to your dad. He's going to be just fine." I told him and smiled, "Toodles" I walked out of the room.

-----

Cheryl and I made it back to Thistle house and laid back on her bed. "What daddy did toy ou sissy... Is horrid and completely terrifying. I'm sorry" she told me and I just sighed. "It's ok Cheryl. He got what was coming to him.

--------

Once Mrs. Andrews got to town,and Mr. Andrews was back at home, recovering in his own bed,Archie's true vigil began. He made a promise,a vow to protect his father from harm. And as long as the man in the black hood is out there in the night,Archie intended to keep that promise. Never imagining that the Angel of Death is stalking different streets tonight in the small town of Greendale, just on the other side of Sweetwater River.