Chapter 28- There Will Be Blood

I was running out of time. And maybe, so was Riverdale. Hiram Lodge had been making moves. Big moves. But with no proof of criminal behavior, all I could do was speculate. What was Hiram's master plan for Riverdale? And why did it feel so close to fruition?

------

I walked in to Thistlehouse and Cheryl met me by the door

I walked in to Thistlehouse and Cheryl met me by the door. We hooked arms and walked into the living room. "Mr. Lazenby great to see you again!" I said and he smiled as we shook hands. "Great to see you again to Hope," he told me and I sat next to Cheryl, as he started. My father had a secret will and left some surprising things to Cheryl and me.

"No offense Mr. Lazenby, but Daddy died months ago. Why are you just announcing his will now?" I asked and he just says "And Mr. Blossom's instructions were to reveal the existence of his will only after the authorities had concluded their investigation into his side business."

Cheryl then scoffed, "You mean drug dealing?" She then turned to our mother and asked, "Does this mean we're gonna be rich again?" Our mother just says "Oh, Cheryl, don't be so gauche." My attention turned back to Mr. Lazenby as he says "Per Clifford's instructions, he requested I withhold all information, including the names of his numerous beneficiaries, until a public will-reading. That's tomorrow afternoon."

Cheryl and I then turned and walked back up to her room. "Sissy," I told her and she looked at me curiously. "Mr. Lazenby is not a foolish man. The first time I met him was when Jason was being inducted into the business. If daddy didn't want us to know anything we won't know until he says so. Except, I do know he left us some surprising things" Cheryl nodded and I sighed. "I gotta go but I'll be here tomorrow okay?" I said and she nodded. I hugged my sister before turning and walking out the door.

I got to the Coopers and knocked on the door. Polly answered with a smile. "Polly!" I said enthusiastically as she hugged me tightly. "Ready to meet your niece and nephew?" she asked pulling back. "Of course!" I said and she took my hand pulling me inside. She pulling me into the living room where Betty held one baby and Alice held the other. "Oh my god," I said walking over to Betty. "Juniper and Dagwood Blossom" Polly told me and I smiled wider as Betty handed me Dagwood.