Part 18: Drunk Stories

Tell me that story again— the one where the world ends how it began with a boy who loves a girl and a girl who loves a boy. And she is deaf and he is blind and he tells her he loves her over and over and she writes him every day but never hears a thing back.

Lover's Paradox
The Universe of Us
Lang Leav

It was Thursday night when I was doing my homework. I was sitting in my table wearing my glasses. Mom and Alex is probably sleeping right now. It is already eleven. I fall asleep after school and woke up at eight oclock and until now after three hours I still cant finish my homework. Maybe because I cant really focus. There are just so many things in my mind. Like a million things and he is nine hundred ninety nine thousand nine hundred ninty nine of it.

Yesterday before I went to my next class, I saw Xander and I gave him the the black leather jacket he lend me when we went to the beach together.

Wrong move though.

Because Xander wore it for the day and Ivan noticed it. I dont think he fully recognize it because I didnt see sign that he was mad. He just told Xander that it looks familiar like he saw it last week but he just doesnt remember where. I took a deep breath as a sign of relief. I really hope he doesnt think about that jacket too much.

I jolted upon hearing something that hit my window. At first I didnt mind it but It happened again for a second time. So I looked down to see who is messing around. I thought it was just teens who just want to mess around the town at night. But there I saw the idiot's face looking up at me.
His face looked so red and I think it is my turn to call him tomato head.

He smiled at me but when he move he slightly stumbled like he cant balance himself.

He calls my name.

"Andyyy" with the voice so grumbled. It is confirmed he is drunk. And it is not even Friday. "Andyyyy" he calls me again louder this time.

I open the window and sneak my head "Shhhh!!!!" I put my finger in my mouth.

Then he made a sign language. He was pointing at my door and then at my room.

I mouthed him "NO" and shoo my hand to tell him to go home.

He put his hands together with his puppy eyes and mouthed "please". But his voice was back to its normal volume when he said this. "I just want to be with you tonight."

I have to put back my forefinger to my mouth."Shhhhh" though those word made me blush. My face was so red I felt like I was the one who's drunk.

And he mouthed back "Sorry". He pointed again at my door and then at my bedroom. I cant make him go away I know he wont stop bugging me until I let him in. Besides he is so drunk I cant make him go home alone.

So I went downstairs being careful of every step so I wont make a sound. Alex shouldnt know this. If he did, he will just ask for another 15bucks and I dont have money anymore.

I open the door and I saw him smiling idiotly at me. I smell the strong scent of alcohol. He wasnt content in smiling so he showed me his pearly white teeth and made a cute face because he knows I am annoyed.

"What the hell Lerman? It is not even Friday." I screamed at him while whispering. Sounds stupid but i just cant describe.

"I just want to be with you tonight." He smiled. His voice was husky a little bit like the fire stroke down to his throat with every sip of strong alcohol. "And every night" He continued. The idiot is too drunk. he was stepping forward to me and he is about to put his hand on my nape. I was so afraid that he would kiss me right there. I stepped one back and felt the wall behind me. The door was still open so it shivers me knowing it is 9 degrees celsius outside. He felt it too so he closed the door first and pinned me again against the wall. He was so close that the scent of the alcohol was so much stronger now.