Chapter 10: Monster Hotel (Part 2)

(3p POV)
Star walked through the revolving door followed by Heath who immediately wrapped his arm around her once he was by her side.

"Welcome to hotel fang!" A woman and a man both dressed in black yelled in unison.
They were dressed in black and had black hair with blue eyes along with pale skin and fang so it wasn't hard to tell that they were family and vampires.

"I am Drac and this is my daughter, Mavis

"I am Drac and this is my daughter, Mavis." He said

"Drac? As in Count Dracula?" Heath asked

"No but I can see how you got confused. My name is short for Draco. My friend just thought that it would be cool to have a nickname." He laughed slightly. "Now if the happy new royal couple would please follow Mavis to the front desk, we'll get you checked into your room but first" he slapped his hand together as two zombie bell hops appeared next to the couple and took their bags. "Your bags will be taken to your room. Please enjoy your stay."

With that, he disappeared in a puff of smoke and a bat flow away with great speed.

"Follow me please" Mavis smiled before walking in front of them.

They followed her to a cute little area with a desk that was in between two staircases.

"Let's see now" She proceeded to open a large book. "Queen Aquata had called us earlier this morning about a room for you two but unfortunately, we had no room that can compensate for both of your elements."

"So we'll not be in the same room?" Heath asked in slight fear as he tightened his arms around Star.

"Oh dear no. We are well informed about elemental culture and your mother made us aware of your new bond. Fortunately for all of us, she had anticipated that we didn't have a room for the both of you so as after, a group of workers came about a room remodel. The room you're getting is suitable for any element." She said while furiously writing in the book. "I have to say, your mother is prepared for everything. I guess that's what make her the queen."

"Yeah that's my mom" Star said, smiling slightly.

"And we're just about finished here." Mavis said before closing the book. "Now if you'll follow me, I'll show you to your room."

After going up the stairs and walking for a little while through the halls, a loud crash was heard along with the sound of a laughing child and barking.

A large black puppy soon passed them, smashing a room wall. A curly orange haired child clung on to his back while Drac as a bat followed close by, trying to stop the dog while scolding Dennis.

 A curly orange haired child clung on to his back while Drac as a bat followed close by, trying to stop the dog while scolding Dennis

"Dennis, Tinkles!" Mavis yelled at the child and the dog.

"Sorry mom!" Laughed the child "but Tinkles smelled something!"

"I don't care what he smelled, he's destroying everything!" Mavis said before giving Star and Heath a nervous smile. "He is disturbing our important guests!"

Tinkles stopped abruptly causing Drac to slam into his back. Tinkles sniffed the air vigorously before turning to the new royal couple and Mavis with a big smile. The smile washed off of Dennis's face once he realized what had caught the dog's attention.

"Tinkles no" but his plea went to deaf ears as the dog ran at full speed towards them.

Heath pulling Star in his arms, shielding her with his body as Mavis stood in front of the royals, prepared to tackle the speeding dog.

In a slit second, Star slipped through Heath's arms, ducked under Mavis's stretch out arms, only to bring the large dog into a hug.

"Tiny!" She screamed in joy as she and the puppy nuzzled each other. "I thought I'd never see you again."

In the mitts of there reunion, everyone else's jaws dropped.

"You used to own Tinkles?" Dennis asked

"I wouldn't say 'owned'" Star said as she instinctively rubbed behind Tinkles ear as he closed his eyes and dropped to the floor in bliss. "More like 'cared for'. I know the owner of Tinkle's parents and they had more puppies than they could handle so they have them away. I got the job of takin care of and training him until they found him a good home."

"Dennis, I thought I put you to bed." Mavis scolded

"Yes but Tinkles got out" Dennis said, looking down in shame.

Seeing his cute face, she sighed before picking him.

"Dad, would see the guests to their room, please" With that, she walked away with Tinkles following closer behind and Drac was in front of us.

"Would you please follow me." He said

They followed him to big double doors that had a shrunken head with it's eyes sewn shut on the door handle.

"Oh so these are the two royals that made you finally fix up the place." it or more accurately, she said, running her eyes all over us. "Hey you both look like fine monsters so why'd you come here?"

And with that, Drac pick her up and put her in his pocket which caused a lot of complaining from her that he ignored, smiling at just sheepishly.

"Don't mind her, she's lacking in voodoo no witch doctor could provide." He said before opening the door to reveal a medium sized siting area with a stair case leading upsides, complete with a ice chandelier and red carpet on the stairs.

Just pretend that the glass door in the picture is a big wooden double door.

"It took 3 of our rooms to construct this room and 5 for upstairs. The first floor consisted of the sitting room, a small kitchen and a small dinning area." Drac said, pointing at another pair of double doors, leading to a kitchen complete with a dinning area that next to a fire place. "The second floor consisted of 3 bedrooms, the master bedroom and two guest rooms each room having it's own bathroom." Just then, the building shook slightly along with the sound of glass breaking. "Have any questions, no then I'll leave you to get comfortable. If you need anything, call the front desk." And with that, he turned into a bat and quickly flew out the door.

🌹~~~~~~~~~~🌹

Thanks for reading

👥Share, ⭐Vote, 🙋😘Comment