Chapter 9: Monster hotel

(Third person POV)
When they finally decided it was getting late, they had got three full bags of tickets.

"I can't believe we got this many tickets" Star said as they walked to the prize booth at the exit.

"I can't believe the supervisors kept giving us back our tokens." Chuckled Heath.

"That's what comes with being a royal, almost everything's free. It has it's moments but sometimes being royal can be a pain." Star said sadly

They placed all three buckets of tickets on the counter as the worker used five of his tentacles to count everyone.

"How can being royal be a pain. I mean, you literally living the dream life everyone wants and look at this!" Yelled Heath as he pulled up his sleeve, showing a solid gold watch. "I was looking at this before I went home today and the manster just gave it to me!"

"Being royal isn't always about getting free stuff Heath." Star said placing her hand over the watch to get his attention. "There are ways they expect you to act or things they expect you to do." He looked at her confused so she slid her hand down from his watch to his hand then started pulling him towards a game. "You love the game scorcher right?"

"Of course!" Yelled Heath as his hair ignited in flames. "That game is hot!"

"And you depend on the helper screamer to help you if you don't remember what to do right?" She asked as he nod. "Well being royal is kinda like being a helper screamer. A whole kingdom depending on for help, expecting you to have all the right answers and look good while doing it so they don't have to worry."

"Wow." Heath said while staring at her in shock as his flame dimmed slightly and she could have sworn she saw a bit of fear in his eyes too. "That's deep"

"Don't worry Heath. That's what the royal training is for." She said slightly squeezing his hand for comfort before stepping closer to him. "We can do it together OK."

"Cute" he muttered to himself as he looked at her with a dreamy smile on his face.

Unknown to Heath, the flames of his hair got bigger than before at the closer proximity of his mate.

As she got lost in his fiery red, the intense look of love in his eye set on heart a blaze. Unconsciously, they started leaning in slowly.

"Excuse me your highness" said a manster in a scarecade employee shirt causing them to turn our heads toward him. "Sorry for disturbing you but we are currently ready to close up and your tickets are finished being counted. You can pick your prize now."

"Oh sure" Star said taking Heath hand and started pulling him towards the prize counter again. "Let's just get our prize and go"

"You have exactly 184 tickets and that amount can get you any stuffed animal. Just pick one." The manster behind the counter said

"How about" Heath scanned the stuffed the animal before picking out a light blue medium sized dragon. "This one."

"But how ironic is this." Star laughed before squeezing it into a hug. "But he's cute isn't he."

"Yes you are" Heath said while staring at me with the same dreamy look. Her face burned bright red. She buried her face into the stuffed dragon causing Heath to chuckle at her. "You're so adorable when you're blushing."

"Stop it Heath" she whined while turning my back to him.

"But it's true" he chuckled before stretching his hand out to me. "Let's go before we get locked in"

"Ok" Star smiled, taking his hand in mine allowing him to pull her out of the scarecade.

Outside, the carriage waited for them but the shocking part was that there were two suitcases in the back.

"What's with the suitcases?" Heath asked Flambo.

"The queen has told me to inform the both of you that you will not be going to your previous houses because apparently, she has already sold them. Instead she has booked a hotel room just for the night for the both of you" Flambo.

"What!" Yelled Heath in shock while Star sigh at her mother controlling nature.

"Which hotel?" She asked

(A carriage ride later)
The royal fire carriage pulled up to an old vintage castle which they re currently staying the night.

The carriage came to a stop right in front of the steps of the hotel where a red carpet was previously placed to welcome royalty.

Heath was the first one to step out with his suitcase in hand. He then extended his hand for star to take.

She placed her hand in Heath's, allowing him to help her out of the carriage.

Looking at the busy atmosphere of the castle, she nervously clenched both hands on the handle of the suitcase which she insisted on carrying.

As if sensing her nervousness, Heath wrapped his free arm around her waist, pulling her closer.

"I got you hot stuff." He said smirking at his usual pun that he'd use to get girl to glance his way.

Normally, girl would either frown, ignore or roll their eyes whenever he said it. Abby, his previous crush, may have giggle at him a few time but that was because he had either set something on fire, broke something or fell and even he could tell that most of the time she was annoyed with him.

He would have expected her to just ignore him because of her sweet personality but instead, his heart swelled hearing the cute sound of her giggling.

"I know you do cool thing." She said

Heath froze in an instant. Never had anyone found his silly pun funny much less went along with it.

Heath continued to stare at her in shock as if she was from another world while Star grabbed the stuffed dragon from the carriage before it flew away.

"Heath?" Said Star as she waved her hand in front of his face, snapping him out of his daze. "Are you Ok?"

"Yeah." He slightly shook his head before giving her a smile and motioned her to go first. "Ladies first."

She smiled at him before walking up the stairs.

As he gazed at her figure walking away, Heath thought how lucky he was that she was his.

His Star.

🌹~~~~~~~~~~🌹

Thanks for reading

👥Share, ⭐Vote, 🙋😘Comment