Chapter 5 : The date (the asking)

(Star's POV)
How can she say that so casually!!

"The more Sparkmates spend time together, the more addicting the need to always touch the other will be until you two get married. Judging by the amount of time his hands have been touching you, you'll be feeling addicted to each other by tomorrow. The Sparkmate bond always affects the male first." Said mom pointing to Heath's arms that was still around me causing me blush and hid my face in his jacket. "I've already sent a messenger bubble to a few of my servants, we'll have a house for you two by the end of your next class and by the end of today, new furniture will be in your house. All you guys have to do is go home, pact your clothes and show up at your new home tomorrow morning"

Heath and the ghoul stared at her in disbelief while me, Count Burns and Mistress Bloodgood just shock our heads.

"W..wait what, how!?" Frankie stuttered trying to find the words.

At least she's holding back this time. She'd push us into a new fully furnished house by the end of the school day if she wanted to.

"Oh it's nothing. It takes lots of years of training with my power and Queen stuff to get this good" Mom said as she made a mini castle in her hand out of ice then quickly made it disappear. "Or I'll be constantly" I sneezed and accidentally froze Frankie and Draculaura "Freezing everything"

"I am so sorry you guys!" I pleaded to them "My powers just came in a few months ago so I don't really have them under control yet"

"I..it's...f..f..fine...s..star" Draculaura said while rubbing her arms trying to get warm.

"C...count B..Burns do you m...mind if" Frankie started asking when Count Burns snapped fingers, releasing a wave of fire towards her and Draculaura. "thank you sir"

"No problem" Count Burns said as he started walking out with mom following a few feet behind. "We have to go. We have a lot of preparation to do, ruler stuff"

"See you all tomorrow and Star darling, mister freeze, the coachman will be waiting outside for you" Mom said as she waved her hand to form a bubble around her and follow Count Burns who flew out the window. As soon as she was out of sight, the bell rang signalling that the last class was about to begin. Head Mistress Bloodgood sighed while standing up.

"After all these years, her position as Queen has only changed her slightly" Mistress Bloodgood muttered to herself as she walking to stand in front of us. "Prince Burns and Princess Star, you will be given your new schedules tomorrow"

"Prince!?" shouted the ghouls in shock.

"All Sparkmates that are soon to take the throne will automatically become a prince or princess" Mistress Bloodgood stated "As I was saying, since your new schedules won't be finished till tomorrow, you are both excused from school for the rest of the day and any homework or project you were given today will be sent to your lockers which I will make sure are near each other."

"Thank you Miss Bloodgood" I said as I stood up causing Heath to stand up as well. "Now, if we're done here, we have some packing to do"

"Of course your highness but I would still like to speak to the welcoming committee" Said Miss Bloodgood as I made my way through the door with Heath close behind. As soon as the door slammed shut, we both sighed in relief as if a pressure has just been lifted.

"Look Heath, I'm sorry about my mom. She can be a bit much sometimes but she means well. And" I said as I pulled away from his grasp, putting a little distance between us. I ignored the aching feeling of not being in his arms. I looked down at my feet nervously. "I'm also sorry about all of this. I know it's all so sudden to be told your gonna be a prince and-"

He cut me off by suddenly grabbing my wrist and pulling me into his chest. He wrapped his arms around me and rested his chin on my head as I melted into his arms. Not literally though.

"You don't have to apologize. It's a lot to take in but I'll be fine" Said Heath as he pulled back slightly to look at my face "Let's just talk about it when we get to my..I mean our house" I gave him a nod with a small smile and tried to step out of his embrace but his arms just tighten, pulling her closer if possible. "But until then, how about we go somewhere tonight when we're finished packing."

"L..like a d..date" I asked nervously

"Yes..I..I mean maybe. Only if you want to b..but that doesn't mean that I don't want to. It's just-" I giggled as he kept rambling on. At least I'm not the only one nervous for once. I kissed his cheek, putting a stop to his rambling as he looked at me in shook.

"I would love to go on a date with you" I said wholeheartedly

"Really!"he asked as his face lit up while his hair did the same. I nod slightly amused at his excitement."I pick you up at 7 then"

"That's perfect" I said

And with that we walked together to the school entrance. On the way, we swapped I-coffin contact information. The carriage was the first thing I saw at the entrance. I stepped into the carriage and sat down as the coachman closed the door.

"Scare ya later Heath" I said giving him a slight wave.

"Scare ya later princess" He said as the carriage started rolling.

The carriage was barely out of the gate yet when I heard someone shout 'yes' and the sound of blazing fire.

🌹~~~~~~~~~~🌹

Thanks for reading

👥Share, ⭐Vote, 🙋😘Comment