(13) Where the heck are we?

Percy's POV:

My lungs felt like they were collapsing, and my eyes stung out tears. There was that ringing sound that echoed in my ears, and I don't think I have ever been this confused in my life. And trust me, I get confused very easily.

"Psst. Percy! Percy!" I heard the distant voice of Maui, and instantly I wanted to go back to being unconscious. "Seriously dude? I know your awake."

I groaned at him. Of course he did. Sighing and slumping my shoulders, I try to run a hand through my hair only to feel the restraints around my wrists. My eyes fling open as I wiggle and pull. "What the heck?"

"Tried that already." He said.

I look up, only to see wooden panelling covering my head as streams of sunlight escaped from the outside. Then I look around me. Holy moly, I was trapped in a box. "This can't be good." I muttered, wiggling around some more, only to discover that my ankles were tied together as well. "That's just great. Maui? Maui! Where are you?" 

For a moment there was only silence. But then there was a big crash and a groan. "The wood they're using is very strong, Percy." I sighed and rolled my eyes. "I'm in the box next to you, take a peek."

I stretch my neck to peek out of the tiny strips that the wood allowed me to have. And there I had to hold my laugh because, my Gods, I wonder how that big, tall, masculine man was able to be knocked down my tiny inclines and shoved into a wooden box. I see him clench his eyes closed and rest his head against the ceiling. 

"Don't look down, Percy." He said.

Without thinking, my eyes darted down below me. "Holy-" Right below me was the deep, endless pit of sea. My eyes grew when my box suddenly groaned and creaked as I felt myself being lifted higher into the sky.

"Uh, Maui, what's happening?"

"Well I don't know about you, but I think we're being thrown into the ocean."

My eyes bulged as I felt the crane swing us back and forth, getting ready to mercilessly plunge us into our death-

I'm the son of Poseidon. 

The fear washed away as I felt that familiar tug in my gut. My lips pulled in a tight grin as I felt the waves in my command, the searing water following my every move. Biting my lip, I wait until the crane drops us to the ground.

Then I felt it. The surge of wind pushing up as me and Maui dropped down. I try to block out Maui's girlish screams as I called on the fish to help me break out of it. Once the water contacted my body, I felt a cold chill as my lungs reformed and allowed me to breathe underwater.

"Hang on, Maui." I told him. I watch as a few fishes and sharks came to our aid, but all they could do was make tiny cracks in the wooden planks. I knew Maui only had a few more seconds before he would start to panic and drown in the water, as we fell deeper in to the ocean.

But it was when I saw men swimming towards us, did I manage to take a breath of relief. But, how are men this far deep down under the ocean- then I saw their scaled tails. Mermaids.

They used their hands and tools. "Thanks guys." I told them.

They nodded and smiled. "Anything for the prince." One of them said.

Quickly escaping from the whole the made, I swam to where Maui was currently floating. His eyes were fluttering close and his body started to deflate. Quickly grabbing him by the biceps, I pulled him above the water, quickly trying to regain his lack of oxygen.

-=-

guESS WHO'S BACK? BACK AGAIN.

I AM BACK

FOR A CHANGE.