(12) Stolen!

- PERCY POV -

To say I was lost was an understatement. Because as we had the best days getting closer to home, a huge man that looked like the Rock came crashing in telling us that he will burn down every village in the world -okay, that's an exaggeration- and rule with his own empire.

I'm not sure about Moana and Maui, but I have a bad feeling about this guy.

"And what do you plan to do after?" Asked Maui, finding this whole situation hilarious as he leaned against the wooden planks.

My eyes bulged out of their sockets, fingers twitching, aching to do something about this guy but I had to hole myself in check. Turning to subtly look at Maui and Moana, they seemed as calm as the sea while here I was with a thousand ideas in my unresting head.

"Well, I plan to...urghu.. I plan to..." The guy muttered to himself and I found myself frowning at him- he looked oddly familiar.

And that's when it clicked. He was the guy who worked at the desk at the Empire State Building. He would always stare at me when I asked to go to the 600th floor, probably to check on Annabeth and how she's doing dealing with a emotional Aphrodite over her wallpapers, and would silently give me the look to go in. I had never questioned it, I had never even thought about him.

But now as I stood in front of him, I wondered why in the world would he be doing this. 

"So you're saying," I walked towards him, "That after you burn down everything and build your empire, you go back to the Empire State?"

And at that moment I knew I got him, his frozen body bringing concern to his goons as they rushed to his side and fanned his face with their hands. 

"Boss, boss, say somethin'." The one with many tattoos said.

"You. The Percy Jackson." He said, his accent long gone.

Maui cleared his throat. "The?"

"Yes, the most greedy and stupidest demigods out there in the whole world!" He exclaimed, arms out in front of him to prove his point.

Maui tried to hide his chuckle under his cough and I quickly elbowed him in the ribs. "Now, now, I think we're getting ahead of ourselves." Moana said, her eyes trained on the black and white tapestry on the sails.

After hearing her voice again, his head snapped towards her and a slow menacing grin climbed on his hideous face. Suddenly, the temperature dropped and Maui had already made a move to stand in between them.

"You know what girlie?" He asked, his greying hair floating through the wind. "You're actually quite the pretty one," Maui growled. "And I don't think these goons will miss you anytime soon. Why don't you come and join me?" His eyes sparkled as he gave her a teasing wink.

I wanted to barf into his eyes.

"No you freak!" She screeched, jumping back. "I may be young but I'm not stupid." She placed her hands on her hips.

He turned to his goons giving them a big, fat grin. "Looks like we got a feisty one, aye?" They all chuckled and I felt Chi Chi going tense beside me. 

Even the dumb chicken knew when to step back.

"Excuse me!" Moana shouted.

"No, please," He said, "Excuse me." 

And before either of us could blink, people flanked us from all sides, and all I could hear were muffled screams and the smell of a toxic detergent flew into my eyes making me tear. A cloth had been placed above my eyes, my neck caught in a elbow and I found myself dropping slowly onto the floor as the smell slowly got to my brain. The screams of everyone else drowned into each other creating a muffled nonsense and I slowly slipped into darkness.

-=-

SO SO SO SO SORRY I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO UPDATE! BUT WHOLE HELLLLLL 2K READS! REALLY GUYS? OMFG I AM SO SORRY I CAN'T EVEN.

I JUST STARTED BOARDING SCHOOL AND I DIDN'T REALISE THAT MANY PEOPLE WOULD CARE ME STOPPING FOR A WHILE BUT 2K READS?

THAT'S FREAK FRACKING INSANE!

I HOPE TO UPDATE IN A FEW DAYS SO KEEP YOUR EYES PEELED FOR THAT

AND THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN!

- And go ahead and check out my other stories while you're at it.