(2) Carlie, Chiron.

I knocked on Chiron's door, rocking on the balls of my feet as I heard the rustling that came from inside the office. It took a few beats until the oak door swung open to reveal a centaur stallion with his eyebrows at his hairline, caught in surprise.

"Percy," He said smoothly, stepping aside to let me in. "To what do I owe this pleasure?"

I took a step inside, closing the door behind me and walked forward to his desk where he now stood. "Have I ever told you that you're the most greatest mentor in the world?" I asked, bringing on my special smile. "Did you get a haircut? Beautiful. Simply perfecto." I said, kissing the tips of my fingers.

He raised an eyebrow. "You've heard about the rumour of the invisible island and you want to go find it."

I froze as he looked expectantly at me. Oh shoot, I've got caught. But I can't deny it; I really want to find it. There's nothing to do here anyways, almost everyone is trying to fix up the camps after the war and I've been put aside like a child incase I destroy anything. I pouted.

"Maybe..."

"Perseus, you know what I'm going to say." He said, crossing his arms.

I fell back on the chair that was directly in front of the desk. The tips of my raven black hair covering my eyes as all my weight slumped down. "It's dangerous. You will get hurt. What if you don't come back? Perseus, your mother has enough on her shoulders..." I droned on.

He nodded and smirked. "So you do know. What's the point in asking, anyways?"

I looked up at him, still slumped in my seat. "Well maybe because almost everyone is out there trying to revamp the place while talking about the rumour complaining about how they don't have the time. And the only person who has the time can't even go. What if I promise I'll be safe and come back before Annabeth arrives?"

"It's dangerous out there, Perseus. No one even knows where it is- better yet, if it even exists. It could just be a fragment from his restless dreams down in the dark."

"We won't know if we don't try." I retaliated.

"We won't know if you don't come back." He sprang back, turning his head away to look out the window where the Hermes kids were repainting their cabin.

"How about this: If I don't find it by the end of this month, I'll come straight back?"

He bit his lip. "You don't even know where you're going, Jackson. The papers to the invisible island are at one of the islands he has found. He was a voyager, you have to remember, he's been almost everywhere since he escaped the alleged invisible island."

"Chiron. I know you know where that island is. I just do. You practically know everything." I begged. "You wouldn't want me to sit around useless."

He turned his head sharply towards me. "You are not useless, Percy." He took a breath. "Very well. But if you do not come back in two weeks, I will send a fully armed battalion to go and find you." Then he whispered, "Hades knows Annabeth would go crazy about losing you again."

"So is that a yes?" I asked, sitting back up on the seat with my hands on my lap waiting for his answer.

He sighed, running a hand through his forever greying hair. "You leave tomorrow at dawn, I will have a ship ready for you and there will be coordinates and a map for you to use. Be smart."

-=-

"Moana, Moana!" I heard the sound of my name from a mile away, an excited child's voice running across the beach to reach me.

I smiled as he came closer and picked him up, swinging him around until I finally sat him on my hip. "Yes, Antonio?"

His blue eyes gazed at me in sadness as I combed through his brunette locks. "Daddy said that grandma Carlie is going to join the heavens soon..."

I felt a pang in my heart from his innocence. The son of one of our best medic held tears in his eyes, desperately trying to cover them up by adorably rubbing his hands to his eyes.

"It's okay, Toni. One day, you'll get to see her again." I said, bounding him up on my hip as we took the trek back to the village houses. "She'll always be with you, no matter what, you hear me? My grandmother is gone but look at the ocean now, isn't it more livelier?" I told him softly.

He nodded as he got down from me as we reached the infirmary hut that Carlie laid in, surrounded by family. I followed behind him as he parted the waterfall of leaves that made for a makeshift door, thinking about how long she'd live for. When I grow up, I would like to be like her. I smiled, and everlasting proud grandmother.

"Sorry, Chief." Antonio's father, Creg, said. "He just started running off after I told him what was going to happen. I guess losing the last of his grands must be a bit too much to handle. Even for a big boy." He said, ruffling his son's hair as he looked at me solemnly.

I looked down at them as he crouched to Toni's side. "Please, call me Moana."

"Ah!" I turned around to look at the old, sweet, lady that laid on the floor her eyes wide in recognition of me as she raised a finger to point at me. It took me a while to wonder what she was actually asking for until she connected her similar blue eyes at me and craned her finger, beckoning me over.

I leaned down to look at her, fidgeting with the bottoms of my skirt. "Yes, Carlie?"

She looked around the room to see if anyone was watching but Antonio and Creg had left just after I bent down by Carlie's side. Guessing that they thought I wanted privacy, I went with it anyways.

After she saw that no one was in the same room as us, she reached below her pillow and out came out an old leather book that looked torn and old, stained and battered. She then turned it around as if inspecting for herself until she reached it out to me.

I hesitantly took it out of her frail hands as she began to speak in a soft and rough voice. "This was my grandfathers who got it from generations before. This bo-" She coughed. "-book, was first from the very first chief before they threw him in the asylum."

I shook my head, inspecting the lock on the book. "Why you giving it to me?" I asked softly.

"Because, Chief, you are the first woman to ever lead our civilization. You brought back our years of being voyagers after cowering from it like cats to the rain. You brought back what our first Chief had started for our village and you continued that legacy, risking you life, with Maui. He would be proud." She said, ending with a soft cough and laying back on the blankets with her arms over her stomach. "The key." She said, presenting me with a silver key that layed on a bracelet. "Wear it."

I nodded my head. "Thank you, Carlie. Do you want be to bring your family back in?"

She turned her head to the side to look at me. "That would be perfect, dear." I smiled as I got up, tucking the book in between my arms. "Careful, dear, you do not want to loose that book."

I smiled at her warmly after getting out of the shack, out into the fresh air where I didn't feel suffocated in the anxiety of what secrets the book held of our island. I knew, even if I wasn't supposed to, I had to read what was inside this book and what I can do to bring it all back to what it used to be. 

-=-

Should I do a Percy Jackson crossover with the new Spider-Man with the leads of Nico di' Angelo and Peter Parker. 

or...

not.

VOTE!