(11) Pirates?!

-MOANA POV-

We were out of that island at the crack of dawn. 

Fast forward five days later and we're still sitting on this boat with Chi Chi on my lap while Percy and Maui entertain themselves with a game of rock, paper, scissors. The days have been rough on us but we managed and we've came out closer. Percy and Maui had decreased their fighting and I could finally have peace to myself.

Nothing was easy during those five days. Everyone fought for their mentality as we sailed across the seas, looking at nothing but the same image painted across our eyes. The same patterned waves and the same disgruntled set of fish that for some reason hated Maui - it was pretty funny to see them try to jump for him like he was a piece of meat, though. 

It was only when the rhythm of the waves subtly changed directions during the third day did we know we were in for a treat.

-=-

3 days before...

"So do the fish feel dry out of water like how we feel wet under water?" Maui asked.

Percy shrugged from behind him, fiddling with a pen that he always seemed to have. "I don't know. Can't you like talk to fish or something?"

"No. Can you?"

"Well, I can-"

"So you can!"

"Yeah, but-"

"You said you couldn't!"

"I never said tha-"

"Bu-"

"WOULD YOU STOP CUTTING ME OFF?" Percy finally shouted, jumping from leaning agains the edges of the boat and shook Maui by the shoulders.

I fought not to laugh as I watched the scene unfold. Percy's chest was heaving while Maui's eyes were as big as saucers, both of them fighting the urge to throw the other off the ship. And just before Maui could do just that, there was a ripple in the waves.

And apparently I wasn't the only one who could feel it.

No one spoke, but instead we exchanged glances as we slowly approached the edge of the boat where the liquid turned into a harsh component to the sea. 

"Did anyone...?" Percy softly asked.

Neither of us answered, and instead, watched as a silhouette of a boat came into our line of vision, directly ahead of us. 

"No one should be here. We're too far out." Maui mumbled, probably to himself.

"Then what is that?" Percy pointed to the shadowy figure that slowly started to materialise in front of our eyes.

Slowly, we could see the black sails and the wooden bow of the ship as it went straight for us. We didn't know it was a threat at the time, thinking they didn't even see us. But apparently the did- from a mile away. We made no move to run, or to even turn on the jets that Percy took from his own boat. But instead, we analysed our opponent as we came head-to-head with our new enemy.

Translation: we sat there and watched stupidly as pirates came after us.

It was only when we could see the cannons taped to the side of the wooden ship - that was thrice as huge as ours - did we realise they were a threat. And it was only when their shadow of a boat casted a darkness above ours did we realise were in deep Chi Chi poop. But before either of us could've made a move, a small chubby guy came out, raising his hooked hand.

My mouth dropped. 

There, were black sails with a white skull painted on top that made you want to dig a whole and hide. There, was a big enough ship to hold us all captive. And there, was a small chubby man with his troops surrounding him - that were all bigger than him, may I add - with an eyepatch, a bootleg and a hooked hand.

It was then I knew that this balding middle aged man meant business.

But apparently Percy had different thoughts since the moment the man came out, he whispered to himself: "you've got to be kidding me," and fell into a fit of laughter.

Me and Maui tensed, knowing that he heard with his beady eyes narrowing down on Percy. I gave him a little nudge to shut up but it took him a while to regain his breath. 

Me and Maui turned him so his back was facing the boat so he could laugh all he wanted. 

"Aye! Wha' is dis we ha'e he'e today?" He asked.

I ignored Percy's shaking shoulders from behind me. "I am Moana, chief of Motunui." 

"And I am Maui, demigod of the wind and skies."

The man raised a thick eyebrow, and ran a hand through his balding brown hair. "Demigod, aye?"

Maui nodded, and I felt the sensation of pride and satisfaction oozing out of him. But that didn't stop Percy from trying to keep in his laughs- no, instead his shoulders started to have a seizure behind me from trying not to.

"And who's that kid tha' 's tryna no'oo lauh?" His thick accent had me rethinking about what he said.

"Percy Jackson." Maui told him blandly.

Percy, offended, turned towards the big boat that casted a shadow on ours. Which was definitely a mistake on his part.

Because once he turned, all words died from his mouth as he looked at the man again. Because once he did, it was as if something triggered him to make him laugh all over again until Maui had to move him behind me again.

"Please, do, ignore him."

The man nodded slowly, his eyes wandering around our boat. "Such a quain' li'le boa' you got dere, li'le missy." He stated, crossing his arms. "Whe'e you off to?"

"We're trying to find the hidden island." I stated proudly, placing my hands on my hips- I tend to do that a lot. "

"What a quinkydink." He smirked, showing a glowing golden tooth. "We are too." 

His voice dropped and so did the temprature around us. I didn't have to see Percy to know that he had stopped laughing and turned to the man. 

"Yeah?" Maui asked.

"Yeah." He nodded. "The'e extrodinary treas'ry dere. Wou'd be a sha'e if I we're to get the'e firs'."

Percy shook his head. "No. You can't."

"Oh and why not Mr.Laughs-a-lot?" There was a new voice that came behind the shorter man.

A new and more strong voice. No face was shown- not even a slightest of shadow from him. I could only rely on his mascular voice to create an image of what he looked like in my head.

"When we get there, we'll burn their village to ashes. We'll take over and run a new empire." He told us. "A better empire."

"Why you telling us this?" Maui asked.

"Well," The masculine man scoffed. "I do need someone to spread the word don't I?"

"You wouldn't." I asked in disbelief. 

Those people haven't done anything - hell, we don't know if those people are even alive or just a myth.

"You don't even have the resources." Percy said.

There was a beat of silence where nothing happened. Not even did the birds dare make a sound in this situation.

"...or do i?"

-=-

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT! REALLY HAS BEEN GREAAAT!

I can't wait for you guys to read the next chapter. I worked hard on it and I'm proud of where the story line is going. SO i hope you guys enjoy and I'll see you next time!

-P.S, I send my prayers to whoever is a victim of hurricane harvey and I hope you all are safe!