(9) Island of Kenti

-MOANA POV-

We've been on boat for three days in counting. After that show with the monster, Percy has been at least a bit more open with his heritage and showed us his sword, even trying to battle it out with Maui. The tensed atmosphere it left us on was long gone and now all we had to do was wait and hope that we could get to the first island fast enough. 

"We're almost there. You can see the palm trees!" Maui exclaimed, clapping his hands as he ran to the front of the ship.

Percy shut his eyes and groaned. "It's too earlyyyyy." He whined from on the hardwood floor.

He was right. The sun had only started to peak while the moon went to explore the other sides of the world. We would take turns staying awake and Maui took the time to sail while both me and Percy slept. 

Just getting Percy to open his eyes was a nightmare.

I poked Percy's ribs with my toe, peeking at him with my arms on my hips. "Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!" I shook him.

"Go away!" He turned to his side.

"Percy, you better wake up." I told him. "If we want to find this hidden island, then you better get off your butt and go help Maui sail the boat to the shore." 

He groaned again, this time stretching his arms as I pulled him up onto his feet. "Okay, okay."

I smiled, plucking the old book out from one of the chests and into my lap as I studied the writing again. 

I've hidden it where only the smartest could find. One last time, before I reign at the sky, this gem will only be in that hands of the kind. 

I bit my lip, my curls swaying as the boat tilted to the left. 

Drunken on nature's smells, high on the animals yells... 

"Percy! Tie the rope on the stone." 

"On it, boss."

"Boss? Yeah...Boss. I like that."

The forest's own noble giants, protectors, looks down on this island. 

"Are you sure this is it, Maui?"

"Positive. This is one of the islands that he found and I am positive this one holds the gem."

"Okay..."

Where I've hidden in may have not been most noble, but I know it keeps a gentle eye down below.

"Moan-"

Irritated that those two boys won't shut up, I slammed the book shut and stormed up to them at the sands. Before I could say anything, I was struck at the beauty of the island. 

Although there were no signs of living humanity, I believe it makes it even more better. The trees were taller and wider, the grass was livelier and greener. There were birds nesting on the bushiest of trees and I watched as Maui bumped into the small one, his strength shaking the entire tree causing the birds to take off in a flock. It was tiny, no doubt, but it made our job easier.

Percy came up from behind me. "Where do you think it is?"

I turned my back from a irritated Maui sitting at the bottom of the tree and onto the green eyed boy who looked so at home next to the waves. "Well, I am certain about it being high up from the phrase gentle eye down below."

"Okay, true, but there are many trees, Moana." He told me, pointing at the several trees around us. "Maybe it's the ones on the hill up there."

He pointed to the West, where there was a small hill that was covered in green grass. The top was covered with many trees and it wasn't a far walk from where we were on the sands.

"Really?" Maui said from in front of us, his scowl still visible. 

"Yes, Maui." Percy said more sternly. "high on the animals yells..." he recited.

"I think that means like he's crazy on the animals yells like how you get high with drugs." Maui corrected.

I stood watching the fight unfold. Because during these three days I've learnt that those two could barely tolerate each other if they could even look at each other and to just step away. Or just nod and smile, and take no sides of the fight.

It was smarter in my head.

"Well I'm sure it can mean both ways." Percy argued back.

I saw Maui take a threatening step closer to Percy. Percy, being shorter and slimmer, had to look up at him but his stubbornness was not to be reckoned with. 

After a few more beats of silence between the two, I decided to break it before we lost more time. 

"If you two could stop making out with your eyes sometime today, that would be great."

I smirked as I saw their eyes grow wide as they jumped away from each other.

-=-

"Hey guys? I think I found it."

 Me and Maui turned away from hill's cliff and faced the depths of the forests where Percy stood with his new hat that we found along the way. 

"Is that...?" Maui didn't finnish.

"I think it is." I responded.

We gasped as it shone from midnight black to bright green in Percy's hand. Startled himself, he almost threw it on the grassed floor. It was too bright, too magnificent that I had to squint my eyes. It's sharp body shape piercing Percy's fingertips.

"Ouch!" Percy screamed.

But before either me or Maui could get to him from across the forest, he fell. His limbs falling ontop of eachother as he came down with a thud, the gem dropping from his hands and started to roll down the hill. 

-=-

Although I do not live in America, nor do I plan to visit whilst Donald Trump rules, I do give my condolences and pray for those who have been targeted and pray for those who live in Barcelona. I understand and think that it is unfair that just because few of those horrible white men and women do such atrocious things that the rest who try to do good also gets put under that title. I am muslim and it takes a toll on me once I hear people say, "oh, she's a terrorist." So, yes, I do get it. And I do send my prayers who have to live with those horrible people. 

Sorry for the deep A/N but  I just want to say sorry for those in Barcelona.

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
The Wreck Ashore - Percy Jackson/ Moana crossoverजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें