Chapter 5: Reunited

Start from the beginning

She turned to face me with her mouth dropped open and eyes wide. I knew exactly what she was thinking.

Before having time to react, Louise launched herself at me and hugged me tightly.

"I can't believe it. He's actually managed to get hold of you. Screw this hangover we are going to have to book some last minute appointments at the salon because we are going out looking hotter than last night".

Before I could tell her anymore, she pushed me up and shoved me into my room telling me to get dressed and be ready in 1 hour.

1 hour later

I grabbed my bag from off my desk and slipped my shoes on.

I hadn't even bothered to put any effort into my appearance seeing as we were only going to the local salon. I opted for an oversized t-shirt and boyfriend jeans before tying my hair up in a messy bun. I plodded downstairs with a cookie that I had bought yesterday stuffed in my mouth and wondered into the lounge where my  best friend sat stuffing her face with leftover pasta from last night's dinner.

"Lets go shall we".

************

Many hours later

"Ooh this club is banging" Louise shouted over the heavy bass.

This was our first time attending this club. It was quite new having only opened about 3 months ago. Rumours were that a dangerous gangster owned this club, but it was total bullshit. You only read about that sort of thing in stories.

We headed straight to the bar and ordered ourselves a couple of shots to kick start the night off before ordering ourselves a double vodka and coke.

As I took a sip of my favourite drink, I scanned my eyes around the room in hopes of finding the VIP section, but with huge crowds and dimmed down lights finding it proved to be a challenge.

I knocked back the last shot and grabbed Louise's hand dragging her with me to the dance floor.

As the alcohol flowed through my system, I shut my eyes and let the music take control. I let go of all my worries and started sensually shaking my hips to the beat of the song. I ran my hands up my body and eventually into my hair. I felt like a new person.

I danced as if no one was around me, as if I was untouchable, but even though I had let go of all my tiresome thoughts, I still had an unnerving feeling in the pit of my stomach. A feeling as though I was being watched. Like a predator stalking its prey before the chase.

I could feel my phone vibrate in my bag and pulled it out with no thought.

My cheeks felt warm as I realised it was another message from Tom.

Hi I don't know if you came or not, but if you did I'm in the VIP section. Hope to see you.

Tom x

I ran. I wanted to see him. It had been too long. I didn't even tell Louise where I was going or what I was doing. I should have dragged her with me, but she was pretty preoccupied dry humping a random guy on the dance floor.

I searched and searched for the VIP section, but there were just too many damn people and my height didn't help either.

Squeezing myself through the crowds I managed to ask a bouncer where the VIP section was and he kindly pointed to the direction it was in.