Antonio's New Job

Alexis' POV.

Humans tend to learn from mistakes and guidance meaning when Obvliates broke out so suddenly, they had no time to receive guidance nor learn from mistakes.

But now that we had enough time to settle down, it got better.

We could manage the Obvliates better now.

However, if there's ever a scientific researcher of food webs, they'll tell you that the animals at the tippity top of the web are humans.

Why?

The reason is due to greed.

You see, animals do kill each other- for territory, that is.

But humans?

We can kill for the the pettiest disputes, for shiny rocks and for paper with 'worth'.

Or, for the small minority, a means to an end or just simply-

For fun.

And with the threat of Obvliates possibly wiping out out existence as we know it not looming over our heads, we can finally rest, get society back on track and-

Start killing each other off due to greed over new and even more precious materials.

Well until the Obvliates get as intelligent as humans at least.

Yay.

So, Antonio and I have decided to host a public tournament open to the public aboveground that would be broadcasted worldwide to teach people how to fight against humans.

Well, it was mostly Antonio's idea and the fact that he promised to take me to see more shows that had made me agree but-

That wasn't the important part.

Thousands of spectators would be in the arena stands, watching on.

It was one made for the school Maddox had consigned to allow children to study and learn combat.

A bimonthly contest would be held to test them and the majority of people living in the Dauntless Sanctuary would turn up.

But today- It would be more packed than usual.

It was the first true public display of power, per say.

"You ready, sweetheart?" Antonio teases.

"Not gonna lose to you with that cheap tactic you used before. I'll go easy though. Don't want your ego crushed now, do we?"

"You say that now but what if I proclaim our relationship to the crowd and everyone watching on the telly?"

"Then I'll proclaim that this is what happens to idiots and proceed to crush your bones and grind you to a bloody pulp." I flashed him a 'try me' look.

"Okay, okay. I get the deal. So just a spar like normal, yeah?"

I nod,"Yep."

Well, our 'like normal' was quite...Abnormal.

It wasn't a standard you could reach via trial and error.

I had relied on the system's knowledge to learn it and pass it onto Antonio.

It still took a year of training personally before he got it though so I can imagine the difficulty of learning it via a television broadcast.

But still, it would be able to help people so, why not?

"Okay then-I'd like a kiss." Antonio declared.

"Good luck against me?" I raised a brow,"I don't think that's how it works, A."