Went a Human; Returned a God

A/N

I'll be stuck with no wifi for a while so I'm publishing two more bonus chapters to keep ya'll entertained. And since there's no wifi, expect bonus chapters for the next 2-3 days. I'm thinking at least 10 before Sunday. Eh enjoy.

-Euphie

Maddox's POV.

Our army of tens of thousands stared blankly at the sky, then the vast seas before us.

It was hard to believe a world-shaking battle had happened here, being ended in an instant by a single human-nay, a God.

My body regains a bit of strength as my mind immediately analysed her words.

Who let you invade my territory?

Cross this line...Face me?

The puzzle pieces in my head click as it forms the complete picture.

And I can see, eyes lighting up as people came to a sudden realisation.

"THE BEAST SLAYER HAS RETURNED!"

I didn't know who shouted it out but after he did, the crowd burst into cheers and emotional cries.

In our moment of evident extinction, Alexis Niko had returned to save us.

Alexis Niko had disappeared without a trace for three whole years.

And she came back a god.

I collapsed to the floor as I hear something in my communicator.

"Doxy?" I hear Horndale calling out to me by my nickname.

"Yeah?"

"What now?"

"We just listen to her. We've fucked it up after she left. Let's hope she has a plan."

———

I took in a deep breath of the fresh air and stared in joyous wonder at the sun.

"Oh how I've missed you." I say as my lips tilt up ever so slightly.

"Oof, it's bright." Antonio squints, trying to adjust back to the brightness of the world.

Staying in complete darkness with only one person and a panda to talk with was kinda mentally draining.

Countless people were glued to the televisions of live broadcasts happening all about the city above ground.

Antonio and I walked side my side towards a tower block like those ones in ye olde Britain except it was more modern and in better condition.

The block had a door that was inaccessible to anyone besides cardholders and based on the leaders I saw at the front and back, around only 340 people held the card.

I swipe my card at the reader and walk in, followed by Antonio.

And at last, we are back into the main shelter.

"What now?" Antonio asks.

"We'll deal with some things. Weed out a few people. Then after everything is back on track, free time."

"How long?"

"If everything goes smoothly...Five hours. Eight tops."

"I'll be at the training facility then."

"Mm. I'll see you at dinner." I say unconsciously, it was something I said after we trained and went our separate ways to freshen up before dinner.

Antonio stiffens and so do I as we stare stupidly at each other.

He goes back to normal and flashes me a charming smile,"I'll be waiting at your's."

I nod rigidly and walk away, my head getting into the game.

No time for messing around with boyfri-

Antonio.

No time for messing around with Antonio right now-Focus.

F-O-C-U-S.

———

Jeremiah's POV.

Hi!

I'm Jeremiah Stone, I'm nineteen this year, turning twenty and I'm an elite trained by the infamous Steel Beast Maddox Carnegie himself.

I'm the captain of one of the three elite squadron that protects this sanctuary, its ideals and the person behind it all.

I was a survivor of the 2041 massacre in France named the Paris Bloodbath where over 2.97 million of the estimated 3 million people were killed leaving merely a few thousand lying half-dead.

I was discovered by Maddox Carnegie, spearheading the project Novum Sanguis, meaning New Blood in english.

It was a project to both save and headhunt 'New Blood' for sanctuaries so they had enough manpower to protect those who had not unlocked their abilities or had been disabled, killed or otherwise.

I, was chosen to be an elite due to both my power and ideals.

Together, I and my two other fellow elites followed Maddox Carnegie towards the HQ.

Oh right, my buddies.

One was Zhi Ruo, a girl from China that had survived the Guangdong Decimation that had caught my eye when I was sent out on the very project that found me.

And the other was Diego Raphael Alexandre, Di for short.

He worked as a bodyguard at nightclubs and had lost his wife and child when the beasts invaded three odd years ago.

Maddox gave us power, the strength to protect those who have no way of protecting themselves and to rise up against these nefarious beasts that had killed our own and nearly killed us.

I gotta admit, I almost gave up, even after being saved.

What use was there in struggling against something so ungodly?

But one person came to mind.

My idol, Alexis.

She inspired hope in me and was the very reason why I kept on fighting in the face of despair.

It's the same for the others too.

We all view Alexis as a goddess descent.

And after today's display?

It was solidified.

My hands were clammy and I felt jittery all over as Maddox addressed us.

"Right, a couple o' things you ought to know when it comes to Al. She's frank. Very frank. She hates people who beat around the bush, especially those that are all talk and no work. So if you wanna impress her, don't talk about your achievements and how you admire her. She hates that."

I gulped and nodded, as did my mates.

"And...Keep it confidential. I'm about to bring you into a room with the world's most powerful and/or influential people. You'd do best to not make a fool of yourselves."

"""Aye, sir.""" The three of us respond.

"One last thing. I'd advise you to keep one thing in mind. Alexis Niko calls the shots. Not them."

So there we were, three of us in an elevator waiting with bated breaths to see our idol.

I could see cap'n Maddox was anxious too, his legs were tapping, a signature of when he was nervous.

Of course, I was too.

Here I was about to meet humanity's genius.

The most powerful and influential woman in the world who had disappeared off the face of earth for three years.

And came back a god.