The Music Lesson & A Friend

Edited.

"Okay class, we have a new student coming in today. Please do come in!"

I muster up a smile.

'Do it and do it well.'

Shit, if I'm going to school, I'm going to leave the best god-damned impression I can on your bastards!

Mission: Make an outstanding impression on the students and teachers

Reward: 1,000 points.
Failure: -1 Point every failure.

I walk in and turn to face the class and give the best class I could give and-

I froze.

The class stared at me and I stared back.

Before I knew it, time had reversed and I had a minute before being called in again.

It's just like an interview but with very judgemental people.

Imagine them being not there.

I activate my system and purchase 1,000 points worth of language comprehension.

I can now speak fluently in eleven languages apparently.

English, Chinese, Finnish, German, Malay, Georgian, Greek, Romanian, Korean, Japanese and French.

This ought to be good.

"...Please do come in!" The teacher invites me in once again like clockwork.

I clear my throat and flash a brilliant smile brimming with confidence.

After dealing with those narrow-minded interviewers that were quite the judgemental crowd, these kids were adorable puppies.

"Hi! I'm Elizabeth McKenzie from the United Kingdom and I'm a transfer student! I'm interested in quite a few things but mathematics and language intrigue me the most. I can speak eleven languages fluently, the ten being English..." I continue talking and showed off my prowess and wait for the response.

A voice notifies me:

Mission completed, 999 points awarded.

Three-pointer!

Jackpot!

They're stunned!

The students immediately start whispering.

"Amazing..."

"Is she even human?"

"Damn she's hot. Definitely a 10 for me."

"An angel has descended from the heavens and god has blessed our class!"

The teacher recovers from her stunned state and stares at me with as if I were a rare specimen,"W-wow. That was...Amazing. Can we give Elizabeth a round of applause for that fantastic display of language! Wonderfully done!"

Heh, teach's on my side now.

The class claps loudly and the teacher assigns me next to a bubbly guy that looks like he's about to explode from joy.

He beams at me with pearly white teeth, his eyes shining bright contrasting his jet black hair,"Heyo! I'm Harry Skyler! Call me Harry! It's what all my friends call me! Nice to meet ya!"

His Australian accent was strong.

Really strong.

"Elizabeth. Eliza for short. Nice to meet you." I respond with a smile.

"Ah welcome to hell fellow soldier. Hope to see you on the other side." He grins.

"Glad we're of the same mind."