The New Student

School today was normal except for the new transfer student.

He was quite eccentric, sky blue eyes, black hair tied up in a ponytail and dressed formally.

"Anthony Daniels, at your service." Anthony said with a suave voice, captivating the hearts of many of the girls.

I, was unimpressed.

I was wondering more about the disappearing plane that had crashed and could not be found.

MH370, was it?

Fascinating.

Anyway, it was all fine until lunch time while I was on my way back from the toilet.

"It's...English after break right?" I mutter to myself as I walk to class.

I saw that new student, he was leaning by the lockers eyes closed.

As I was passing by him, he tapped my shoulder.

"Hello."

"And who might you be?" I ask in an indifferent tone.

"Don't rush, princess. I won't bite. Yet." He flashes me an arrogant smirk, a trademark of an overconfident person and more often than not, an asshole.

"It's Elizabeth to you." I retort.

"El?" Anthony flashes me another smirk, making me feel annoyed for some reason and a sense of dread.

"Wouldn't it be better to call you Al?"

I eyes constrict and my breath is cut short as my heart thumps with overwhelming fear.

My mind is filled with questions.

Who?

What?

When?

Where?

Why?

How?

"You..."

"The famous Young Miss of the Niko Family. Renowned mathematician and receiver of numerous awards for overwhelming contributions to the field of mathematics. The person with the supposed highest recorded Intelligence Quotient...Alexis Niko."

"What do you want?"

"I've seen the video, I've read that play you wrote. I've studied every single one of your equations and I am impressed. I never expected someone of the same calibre as me." Anthony moves around me, as if looking at an ant when-

Mission received: Destroy him.

Anthony Daniels liability. The system has granted information to remove threat to host.

Failure to complete mission results in forced control by system to fix the issue.

Reward:1,000,000 Points.

Information fills my head and I smirk.

This system is really...Heh.

"Antonio Giovanni, alias Anthony Daniels, successor to the Giovanni Family, son to Levartra Giovanni and Rosette Giovanni. Your father, Levartra Giovanni is an international kingpin and leader of the Italian mafia and is part of the underworld. You have been sent here to recruit me to join you in your syndicate to overtake the recently founded company Multi-Mania Incorporated. You found me through the Russian hacker group Slava, meaning Glory in English."

I pause to register his shocked face and continue,"The Russian in question is Igor Plestinsky and is a national fugitive. You might think you have political immunity but the United Kingdom is my turf Mister Giovanni. I wonder what will happen if your father's misdemeanours are brought to light by an anonymous third party? What will happen to you then? Hm? How about ten charges of murder, fifteen for international fraud, hundreds if bribery cases and numerous occasions where he has manipulated the electoral board for a vote. Or maybe the prostitution rings he holds in Brazil? How about the drug cartels in Mexico? This is my turf, Giovanni's Successor." I whisper into his ear with a smug grin as I copy his previous action.

"Tread lightly Mister Giovanni. You're on thin ice. A marionette controlled by me, dancing on the palm of my hands. Damocles' sword is hanging over you, my friend. Careful not to get in an accident." I chuckle and walk away.

I stop midway as I look back,"Oh and Anthony?"

He stares at me.

"The Italian mafia is strong, I'll give you that. But remember that there are some people that cannot be messed with. You'll do well to know that I am one of those people."

———

Antonio's POV.

Fuck.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuckkity fuck fuck!

I let out a shaky breath, my heart pounding like a cannon.

How did she get all that information?

That was only known by my father and me.

Was there a mole in our family?

I take out my phone and dial my father's number.

'Ring...Ring...'

"Is it done?" A gruff voice greets me.

"No. I am afraid my life may be in peril." I answer,"She knows about all your crimes. She knows why you sent me here and who got her personal information. There might be a mole in the family."

I hear a table slam and a string of curses that could make a sailor dizzy.

"What are we gonna do?" I asked, like a lost puppy.

My arrogance got the better of me this time.

After a string of successful blackmailing, I got cocky.

It was a good wake-up call for me.

"You get the fuck outta there before something happen-"

"Hello there." Another voice appeared in our call.

"Who the fuck are you?"

"Someone who does things for personal benefit. And someone who holds a quite a bit of stock regarding Multi-Mania Inc. and I must say, I am quite annoyed and you people for threatening my well-being."

"...What do you want? Money?"

"The boy stays. I know how your Mafia works. Family is the most important. A hostage...Is best." The voice was cold, indifferent and arrogant.

"Have Mister Antonio stay in the UK for the time being. If not...I fear an accident might happen. Mister Antonio, be wary."

"Is that a threat you bastard?" My father growls menacingly through the phone.

"It's not a threat Mister Giovanni. It's a promise."

"And besides...You wouldn't want to be on the next MH370 now, would you? Enjoy your stay here, Mister Antonio. And best regards to you, Mister Giovanni. I hope we've reached a compromise where blood need not be shed for the sake of profit."

"We're all gentlemen here. Let us maintain decorum and not fall out due to this small issue, shall we?..." The person chuckled, it was muffled, detached, shooting shivers down my spine.

"..." My father was silent, so was I.

"Then I shall bid you, farewell. Until we meet again in the discernible future, good sirs."