Chapter Twenty-one

The bright rays of sun coming through the cracks of the blinds hit my eyes as it signal that a new day had begun, I turned on to my other side and saw that Happy was no longer laying in bed or in the room but instead there was a sleeping Juice in the chair beside me.

I lightly smiled at the sight of him slouched over in the chair with his elbow propped up on one of the arm rests. I had a hospital room to myself so it was quiet for the most part, except for Juices light snoring. The room seemed bare with nothing on the walls except for a white board and a window looking out into the parking lot, as boring as the room sounded, I felt safe. I knew that it would take me a while to recover but for right now I was safe and that's all I cared about. Juice stirred in his sleep until I finally saw his eyes flutter open, it took him a little bit to process where he was but then he saw me and straightened up his back.

He reached both of his arms behind his back as he stretched "hey" he said quietly "hi" I replied, he leaned forward with his elbows on his knees now as he looked at me "where did Happy go?" I asked "he went to go check to see if the cabin was good, but uh listen Talia" he rubbed his eyes before continuing "I might not get to see you as often up there" he finished "wait why?" I asked as I used my arms to push and prop myself up "if those guys come back then they could follow me up there and find you, but I mean I'll see you on Saturdays or something" I hit my head against the wall as I sighed "I know you don't like it" he said.

I turned my head over to him and glared but turned my head back to the ceiling "yeah I get it" I mumbled. I sat up on the bed and swung my legs over to the side "can we go now?" I asked "what? No doctor said one more day" Juice said and stood in front of me "Juice me and you both know that one more day isn't going to change what happened" I replied as I looked into his eyes. He turned away from me as his breathing started to get heavier.

"Damn it" he said quietly "goddammit I shouldn't have let you go" I could see more tears starting to form, I wanted to respond but he was right I mean that sounds awful but he was right, he should've stopped me. "C'mon lets go" I mumbled as I stood up and went to take the clothes that Juice had gotten me and went into the bathroom. I dropped the robe onto the tile floor so that I was completely bare, before pulling on my clothes I turned to the small mirror to look at myself.

I was speechless my reflection looked so different like it wasn't even me, bruises and stitches covered my body along with some other tiny cuts. Some parts of my body were swollen with black, blue and green bruises to cover them, I quickly covered my body with my sweater and sweatpants and left before wanting to look back.

Juice and I checked me out of the hospital and drove me to the club house to quickly get my things and then leave to go to the cabin, when I got to the clubhouse the guys were outside sitting on a picnic table having a smoke when they saw me and Juice pull up. I climbed off and walked to the door but no one even said hi they almost were too awkward and nervous to say anything, I pulled the door open and walked inside. I noticed Gemma sitting at the bar drinking a coffee when her head snapped towards me and she quickly got up and engulfed me in a hug "oh baby I'm sorry" she whispered into my ear.

I hugged her back hesitantly then let go "well you probably don't have much time so Half Sack will help you get your things" Half Sack seemed taken off guard when Gem said it and quickly followed me to my room, he started helping me pack a duffle bag of clothes and different things. As I was looking at a shirt a hand touched my shoulder, before I could even see who it was I gasped and jumped forward then turning around to see Half Sack standing with a confused expression on his face "I-I'm sorry" I ran my fingers through my hair as I spoke. "Take the bags outside" I said as I quickly walked out of my room and then quickly through the club house until I reached outside.