Chapter nine

I was still sitting on the ground as the guys investigated the back of my car that was covered in blood, I was completely shocked that we didn't get stopped on our way to Teller Morrow. My hands were shaking and I couldn't help but cry at how odd and scary the situation was that people would be out to get me or the guys.

Chibs was the first one to come towards me and crouched down in front of me while taking off his sunglasses so I could meet his eyes "hey" he said in a calm voice "no one is going to get you alright? Everything is gonna be fine" his thick accent spoke. I couldn't speak all I could do was just nod my head at him, he got up and lended a hand towards me so he could help me up as well then dusted off the dirt from my shorts.

I noticed Clay walking towards me "did you tell anyone who your brother was!" He said in a loud voice but not yelling "n-no" I stuttered "well why the hell would someone do that then? Huh!" This time he yelled at me "Clay!" Jax yelled from behind him making him turn "she scared and you yelling at her isn't going to help, she wouldn't intentionally tell anyone" Jax stood up for me which made me feel better.

Clay stayed silent with a glare on his face when he looked back to me "Church,now!" Clay yelled as everyone filled into the club house I slowly followed but kept my distance,I could feel Hap's eyes on me as I staggered in the bar while my knees were still shaking.

I watched as they all piled through the small double doors then slammed them shut as the last prospect walked in. I sighed and got up to the bar and sat down on a stool when I heard the door open. I saw Gemma walk in and sit down beside me "well I can tell your first day didn't go as planned" Gemma spoke to me "you could say that" I said quietly.

"Look, if you want out now then I suggest you leave sooner then later" she turned to me "what are you talking about?" I asked "sweetie pretty face and nice ass like you don't belong here, it's only gonna get worse from now on" she paused and looked around then back to me. "Leave here and don't come back, it doesn't matter where you go just anywhere from here is perfect" she said.

"I-I can't just leave Juice, and the new college" I stated "Juice is a big boy now and to hell with college, you don't need that shit" she said "I'm sorry Gemma but I can't right now" I looked around for anyone who could've been listening. She put her hand on mine and looked into my eyes like my mother used to "just think about it, please" she said then let go of my hand and walked out.

I didn't quite understand what she meant but I knew that when I saw Juice he needed to tell me actually what his club did. I heard one of the double doors creak open as Half Sack was the first one to leave the room, followed by everyone else after him. I sighed when I saw Juice leave the room but the only person who didn't leave was Clay.

I got up and started walking towards the room but a large arm stopped me, I looked up to be faced with Opie "you shouldn't go in there right now he isn't the best talker" he warned "well I can't just sit with my tail between my legs now can I?" I tilted my head and pushed past him.

I got to the doors and hesitated a bit but pushed the doors open and saw Clay sitting at the head of the table, smoking a cigar. He looked at me and rolled his eyes while mumbling an "oh jeez" thinking that I didn't hear but I did.

"Is it ok if I talk to you?" I said as calm as I could, he just nodded to the chair in front of him. I quickly shut the doors and sat down "look, I know that right now I'm not your favourite person but I swear I didn't tell anyone about you, I promise" I tried to reason with him but I could tell he didn't believe me.

"I ain't taking your word on that" he spoke as I looked down at my shoes "but I know and hope that you'd never do anything to hurt your brother" he spoke. "Goddamnit girlie" he said in a low voice then looked up at me and smirked "guess I got too much of a soft spot for ya" he blew out some more smoke and chuckled.

"Sorry I yelled at ya but you got to understand the shit that we do, shouldn't effect you" I was gonna say something but got cut off by Clay again "was there anyone following you, anyone who talked to you at school?" He asked "no I kept to myself and the road was bare the whole way home" I said as Clay just nodded his head.

"Go lay down" he said "what?" I asked "it's been a long day now go lay down" I didn't argue I just stood up and walked out of the room with everyone staring at me.

I walked off to my room and went to go shut the door when I hand pushing on the door stopped me from doing so, when I let go of the door it revealed Juice on the other side. He scratched the back of his head then spoke "I never got to ask you how you were, I felt bad for not being there for you" I let him walk into the room and shit the door before he continued.

"We talked about it and we think it'd be best if Happy drove you to and from school everyday until we can get you a new car" he spoke as my eyes widened "are you kidding me? How come you can't drive me!" I yelled "I got work and club business to do here, I tried to I really did but I can't" I sighed in stress and sat down on the bed.

"Just go" I said, he didn't protest or say anything just walked out and shut the door. I laid on my back resting on the bed hoping that at some point reality would slap me and everything could be normal for once but that will never happen.

It's gotta be Happy, of course.