Chapter seventeen

I was in a heap of sweat as it drenched through my shirt underneath my armpits along with little droplets that would form on my hairline as they made there way down to the tip of my nose. My legs were moving fast as I had set the treadmill to one of its higher settings and the rug-like- substance underneath my feet moved faster then I would normally jog, stupid enough of me I decided to push myself.

Unfortunately I found out that my body wasn't used to me running this fast which caused crucial cramps in my sides, and my sports bra was one of my less supportive ones which didn't help me either. My shoes hit the track hard with each step and made a piercing noise each time, it had became annoying at first but I digress.

My head turned to the door when I noticed yet again Happy walking in "you...always....coming....to....see....me?" I had to pause in between my words to breathe as Happy laughed at me "yeah, sure, whatever" he shrugged and walked over to the rack of weights and picked up 2 of the larger weights and sat down, I turned my head back ad I ran every now and then to see him do curls with the weights.

He caught me one time and scoffed while smirking and I turned back to my machine "you enjoying the view?" I could practically hear the smirk in his voice "yeah the colour of this wall is nice" I reply plainly and heard him laugh softly "Half Sack told me something when I got in" Happy said after a long pause of silence in the room.

I knew in my head that it was me and Hale but I didn't want to say anything "oh?" I said like I didn't know, I pressed a red button on the control panel to stop the treadmill "yeah" I felt his frame behind me as he stood up and stared down at me "I thought you said nothing was going on with you and Hale" it wasn't even a question it was more of a demand for me to tell him.

I sighed and reached for a small towel as I wiped the sweat off of my face "it's not that big of a deal ok, so don't make it one" I said as I placed down the sweat filled towel and started to walk to the door, Happy's arm swung out
and hit his hand against the wall with his arm in my path now "Juice won't let you leave" I met eyes with him " Juan" I corrected "will have to accept my decisions" I attempted to push his arm but nothing moved.

"You're on watch right now remember?" He said and replaced his arm by leaning on the wall with his right shoulder "if you want to third wheel be my guest I'm not stopping you" I walked past him until our bodies were lined up side by side and he reached out to me, grabbing my bicep. "Don't get smart with me" he hissed "sorry guess it's just in a woman's nature" I jerked my arm back forcefully but never escaped his grasp.

"Whatever I decide doesn't effect you" I said getting more intense with my actions "no but it does effect your brother, he is trying and maybe you should" I stopped Happy in the middle of his sentence "don't you dare, I know what's good for my family not you!" I yelled as my face got closer to his "you have no idea what happened with us" I whispered and jerked my arm back again this time with more force causing his hand to release his cast iron grip.

I walked out of the room and towards the hallway and into my room, I shut the door behind me letting my fingers linger on the door knob before letting it go and turning around. I jumped in fright when I noticed a figure sitting at the foot of my bed and looked up at me "Jesus Juice what are you doing?" I said startled by his presence.

"Do you remember this?" He said quietly as I looked down towards his hands, they held a rectangular photograph. I walked beside him and sat down next to Juice and peered over his arm. The image became clear to me, I had to have been at least seven years old in that picture and Juice probably ten or eleven. Mom was in between us smiling happily "that was the first time she actually got us that pool we wanted" Juice laughter lightly "we asked for it every year and never got it but then she did" he whispered.

"I remember breaking it the next day" I said while laughing lightly as I saw the grey pool behind us "it was on accident" Juice said as we both were referring back to the memory of when we hoped over the side of the pool but it collapsing underneath us. We laughed together as he waved the picture slightly in his hand and looked towards me "this was the only picture I took before I left" he stated as he glanced back to the image.

"Why?" I asked "it was my favourite memory of us and mom" he smiled down and looked up at me still smiling with dimples in his cheeks that were very visible "she would be so proud of you" he spoke quietly "she would be proud of you too" he looked away from me "you know that right?" I asked. He didn't respond, just left me in silence "goodnight" he pushed himself up off the bed and to the door "Juan" I said as he stopped but didn't turn around to me "she loves you" I said.

I watched him as his head nodded slightly then left the room without another word and shutting the door behind him. I got up from my bed and walked to my dresser pulling out some shorts and a t-shirt and quickly got changed into them and layer down into my bed, wrapping he covers around myself.
I reached over and grabbed my phone off the table beside me and turned it on, I went to Hales text message.

Hale are you even gonna tell me what we're doing tomorrow?

I sent the message waiting for a respond and only a minute later did I feel my phone shake quickly as I looked at his message.

This movie is playing tomorrow night, I thought maybe we could grab a bite to eat then head over to see it, if that's ok with you.

I thought it was funny how much of a gentle man he was.

That sounds great

I sent the text then shut off my phone and resting it down on the table where it was originally, I pulled the covers up to my neck as I turned over on my side and fell asleep peacefully.

⚜️
Ok yeah I know yet again kind of a filler but I'm not the kind of person who likes just jumping right into the love story of the book, that time will come just wait.

I hope you enjoyed and the next chapter I believe you all are going to like.