Chapter 6 - the one with the boys

After a boring lesson of History of Magic, Iris was happy to have a class outside the Castle. She picked up her books and threw her bag over her shoulder, before waiting for Dorcas to do the same.

"What do we have now?" She asked, as the both of them made their way out of the classroom.

"Flying lesson."

Iris was not sure if she was feeling excited or scared for this. She was anxious. Yes, that was the word. Of course she wanted to go, I mean... It was a dream of almost everyone to experience flying and she was going to get that chance, but on the other hand, she could get hurt, couldn't she? She could fly off the broom, or maybe... She couldn't even put the damn thing in the air. What if that happened? She would just make a fool of herself in front of her whole classroom.

"Oh, I love flying." Dorcas smiled, pulling Iris away from her own thoughts. "My mum taught me."

"Camilla told me once that you're not supposed to learn how to fly off school."

"Oh, yeah." Dorcas shrugged, with a tiny smirk gracing her lips. "We're not, but I mean... No one actually follows that rule. I bet Milla knows how to fly as well."

"She does."

Iris bit her lip. No one follows that rule, she said. That meant everyone knew how to fly. Everyone but her. Muggle born Iris Evans who didn't even know she was a witch two months ago. Yeah... She was going to make a fool of herself, that was for sure.

"Hey... No need to be nervous, Irie. You'll be fine." Dorcas assured.

"I'm not nervous." She responded, as Dorcas laughed.

"Of course you are, I can tell." She said, and Iris rolled her eyes. "Anyway... I said I liked flying. I've never said I'm any good. I'm sure you'll be better at that than I will."

Iris smiled at her friend and opened her mouth to thank her, but another voice interrupted her. Another voice she knew all too well.

"Irie!"

She turned around and saw her sister standing there in the middle of the school grounds. She smiled as her sister ran toward her, engulfing the girl in a hug.

"Hey, there, Lils."

"Oh, I miss you... I miss spending my day with you, you know?" She smiled as they pulled away from each other. Iris smirked a bit.

"Do you really? I don't."

"Hey!" She giggled, pushing her sister lightly. Iris laughed. Lily turned to face the other Hufflepuff girl standing beside her sister. "Hey, Dorcas."

"Hello, Lily."

"Come, come..." Lily urged, pulling Iris forward. The girl scrunched up her nose.

"Are we having this class together?"

"Yeah. Isn't it great? I'm not sure how to feel about flying, but, oh well... At least I won't be the only Muggle born around."

"Yeah. We can embarrass ourselves together."

Lily giggled.

"Oi, Evans! Who's that?"

At the new voice, Iris frowned. The wrinkles in her forehead and nose only increasing when Lily groaned without even looking at the boy who called her.