Chapter 1 - The one with the Letter

"Come on, let's go outside." Lily mumbled, trying to pull her sister out of her bed.

"I don't wanna..." She whined back, trying to focus on her book, which was quite difficult, considering the letters kept shaking from the way Lily kept tugging on her arm. "I'm fine here."

"It's been more than a week since you've left the house!"

"And I'm fine with it."

"Oh, my God, Iris." Lily sighed, flopping on her sister's bed and closing her eyes, annoyed. "I just want to go out there and play with you."

"I don't... I don't want to go out there."

"Is it because of Severus? Or Petunia? Did she say something?" Lily asked, suddenly jumping up and sitting in front of her sister. When the girl didn't move, Lily sighed. "Talk to me, Irie!"

Lily reached forward to grab the book from her sister, but, already used to it, Iris pulled back. She rolled her eyes and closed her book, pushing her glasses up the bridge of her nose. She looked up at Lily.

"Yes. It's because of both of them."

Lily's eyes filled with sorrow. The bright green that filled them seconds before suddenly reflected nothing more than sadness as she looked into her sister's matching ones. She tilted her head to the side out of sympathy, her beautiful dark red hair fell off her shoulders in waves and knots – it was almost mid-day and Lily had not yet had the trouble to brush the strands.

"Oh, Iris..." She mumbled, her tiny, pinky lips, shinning with lip-gloss formed a line as she thought of the right words to say. When nothing came out, she placed a gentle hand in Iris' knees, that were pulled up against her chest.

"It's alright." She shrugged with a smile. "You go with Severus. I'll stay here. I do have to finish this book anyway."

Lily froze. Inside her head, a battle started. She adverted her gaze from her sister and toward the door. She frowned, scrunching up her nose in concentration. She sighed, before shaking her head.

"No. I'll stay."

"Lils... Really... It's fine."

"No, I like being with you."

"Lily..."

"Shh..." She giggled, moving so instead of sitting in her legs as she was doing before, she sat with her legs crossed. Lily leaned forward, resting her arms on Iris' knees and letting her chin be on top of everything. Her, once again, bright green eyes bored in her sister's ones. "So... What are you reading?"

Iris laughed, but before she could say anything else, both girls heard their mother calling them downstairs. Iris raised an eyebrow to Lily who just shrugged. She got up from the bed and opened the door.

"Yes, mum?" She yelled.

"Come down the both of you, will you?"

Their mother's voice was neither stern nor mad. But they could tell she was not happy either. It was almost as if she was worried. Lily looked at Iris and the younger twin got up from her place on her bed and walked outside their shared room with Lily by her side.

"What did you do now?" She mocked to what Lily gasped.

"I didn't do anything!" She laughed, pushing Iris lightly as the both of them walked downstairs. "Mum?"

"In the kitchen."

The two girls walked over. Standing there, at the counter, was Lorraine Evans. The woman, who had brown hair and green eyes looked the both of them up and down. She smiled gently but by the way her lip trembled ever so slightly, the ten-year-old girls could tell something was not right.