Chapter 47✔️

Percy POV"Annabeth, take her," Raven said

Percy POV
"Annabeth, take her," Raven said. She offered up the swaddled child with shaky arms. "I can't protect her here."

"I-I can't," Annabeth answered. "What about you?"

As soon as I had confirmed what we already knew, Raven resorted to her motherly instinct.

Keeping the baby safe.

"Don't worry about me," she said. "Just promise me you'll keep her safe. I don't know what I'd do if she didn't..."

Raven didn't have to finish her sentence for us to understand. The protective instinct she had for her baby was the same thing I felt. I wanted to do everything I could to keep my daughter safe, no matter the consequences to myself.

Annabeth gave me an apprehensive glance, troubled by her current crossroads. Raven kissed the baby girl and uttered those three familiar little words.

"Take her, Annabeth," she pleaded with teary eyes. "I can't protect her."

The sounds of Tartarus's army was ever more present now. I could hear demigods yelling orders and the sounds of clanking weapons. They mixed together with the loud roars of our enemy.

Annabeth relented, taking the baby and supporting it's neck with her arm.

"Don't worry about us," I told her. "Use your invisibility cap and run from this place."

I saw her reluctant nod, an almost unnoticable movement.

Before Annabeth could leave, I cupped the baby's cheek and kissed her goodbye on the forehead. Then I proceeded to peck my girlfriend on the lips.

Hopefully someday, once we survived all of this, we could be something more.

"Thank you," I said, pulling away.

She nodded in understanding to the both of us, before departing from the infirmary. It wasn't something I was overly comfortable with, putting my child into someone else's hands, but I trusted Annabeth with every part of me.

We would meet again.

I took Raven's hand in mine. I didn't care that it was sticky with sweat or moisture. The expression on her face was one I'd never seen before. Was it acceptance? Peace?

Tears ran down her face at this moment. I couldn't tell if they were from sadness or joy.

Maybe both.

"Percy, I'm not going to survive today," she started. "We both know this."

Her words came as a shock to me. I shook my head and tried to figure out if she was being serious.

"What are you talking about?" I frowned. "You're not going anywhere."

Raven brushed her hand on my cheek without another word.