Chapter 29✔️

Percy POVAri was much livelier than he'd been hours ago

Percy POV
Ari was much livelier than he'd been hours ago. Now that he had recovered from being telepathically beat up by Angel, his eyes carried a glint of anger and awareness that hadn't been there before. I could still remember carrying him around my shoulder like a sack doll. He just happened to be a really heavy, burly one at that.

The blood hadn't been cleaned from his face, so he looked much worse off than he really was. Not that I cared about his personal hygiene; when all I wanted to do was smash his face in.

Chiron had taken Ari out of the cell, placing him into a chair with metal cuffs. They were made to hold down monsters because of their celestial bronze coating, making it impossible for Ari to break free.

Raven didn't leave after escorting me. Instead, she seemed intent on watching, and sat down in a lone chair next to the centaur.

"Oh, it's you," Ari huffed at my appearance, earning himself a glare from Raven.

I smirked with satisfaction, knowing he felt helpless in his situation and was trying to lash out.

"Hey, buddy," I said sardonically. My mocking demeanor only made him angrier, which explains why he started struggling against the restraints. His sudden movements didn't faze my calm and I felt myself grin involuntarily.

"How does it feel to be abandoned by your friends? Being a complete and total failure?" I started, ignoring his growls of rage.

"You have nothing," Ari retorted cockily. "More men will come back to retrieve me and this entire place will be destroyed!"

"One problem at a time, dude. I have some questions for you right now," I said coolly, cutting to the chase.

There was a pause and a moment of silence. I realized I was thirsty and quickly grabbed myself a can of Diet Coke from the fridge, offering it to the sulking Eraser.

"Want one?" I asked him.

He didn't respond.

"My bad, you're a bit tied up at the moment," I decided, hoping my comments of mirth would annoy him.

I took a swig of the brown drink, feeling the sizzle go down my throat. It was enough to get me going for a while, so I put it down beside Raven.

"That feels better," I mumbled dryly.

Leaning into Ari, I tugged at his shirt collar. My eyes met his cold, dark ones, and searched for any signs of emotion. Not surprisingly, I wasn't successful with my search. Ari was a monster, who held no true feelings about anything.

"Who's your new leader?" I asked gruffly. I pulled on his shirt some more, lifting him up a bit.

Ari didn't respond, stubbornly becoming silent. Which confirmed that he held information, and I just needed to get it out of him.