Chapter 11✔️

Percy POVRaven was the first daughter of Apollo I've seen use a gun

Percy POV
Raven was the first daughter of Apollo I've seen use a gun. When it came to fighting, bows and arrows were always the Apollo way. So catch my surprise when I noticed this girl didn't even have bows or arrows. The only thing besides a gun on her was a slim dagger. I caught myself wondering about her, still angry towards her violent tendencies. And I planned to stay this way, especially after she shot at Angel.

She looked prepared for a battle. A belt holstered another handgun along the waist, and her bag was packed full of all kinds of things. I assumed it was medical supplies, or sustenance to stay alive. It reminded me of Leo and all of his tools, and how he was always assembled together.

The question still nagged at me, though.

"If you're a daughter of Apollo, where's your bow and arrow?" I said lightly, holding in a groan. My injuries were taking a toll, a headache forming in my temples. I wondered if I had internal bleeding as well, because my stomach was becoming bloated.

My curiosity for this girl was the only thing keeping me conscious. The way she held herself, like a soldier, was enticing. Or the fact that she possessed immense speed and strength, while straddling me over her back.

I found myself impressed, nevertheless keeping my scowl.

"Guns are easy to aim with, and do more damage. I wouldn't have been able to shoot you down with a bow and arrow," Raven responded, like shooting someone out of the sky was a normal thing.

"YOU SHOT ME WITH A GUN!" I shouted angrily, despite how tired I was. A fury was building up inside, ready to be unleashed on anyone. "You could've killed those kids!"

"Scare tactics," she responded dryly. "Do you really think they would still be alive if I'd actually tried? I wasted bullets getting them to leave, because I needed you alone. Apollo sent me to find you, and I'm not going to fail because my feelings got in the way."

I pushed away from her grasp with contempt, forcing my wings to stay put against my back, trying to balance myself. I found that my adrenaline hadn't subsided, masking the pain a bit. I was able to wobble along.

Raven seemed to expect my reaction. She didn't seem offended by it. Not that I cared about her feelings.

We escaped from the whitecoats by hiding in a place she considered "untraceable". It was a small cave, and the walls were damp with cold. Both of us found seats towards the end of the dark haven. A pool of water had formed on the floor, so she used it to tend to my bullet wound. I expected her to gasp when she was up close to my wings, but she remained silent. The usual healing that accompanied my presence to water was absent. Raven seemed to notice this, too.

"I thought you were the son of Poseidon," she said, washing the blood from my feathers with a piece of cloth.

"I am," I replied with a glare, slightly wincing. She was touching a couple of sensitive spots. "My powers are gone."