Chapter 28✔️

Percy POVThe pain was immense, and my entire body begged for release

Percy POV
The pain was immense, and my entire body begged for release. The weight of Ari was crippling, and I was weak from blood loss. I couldn't stop, though. I had the cards, and it would be for nothing if I didn't play them.

I was climbing up the bleachers now, feeling the weight of Ari increasing. I trudged upwards, hoping no Eraser saw what was taking place. I wasn't sure if I could fight off multiple enemies at once in my current position. I just needed to get to the loudspeaker, which was only used in chariot races every week. Until now.

Ari was lightly groaning, half awake and confused. It urged me forward, and my sights came across the very thing I was looking for. Like a moth to a flame, I moved sharply to my destination, hoping the Eraser didn't start fighting back.

My shoulder was on fire, and sweat beaded my forehead. I was finally by the speaker, and I dropped Ari off my back like the burden he was. He stirred even more, moving his leg as Annabeth's dagger moved around inside.

It was a disgusting sight to behold.

I didn't have much room to ridicule, though. My shoulder wasn't bleeding as much anymore, but seeing it still disgusted me. It was creating a clot of blood that reeked something metallic, and my nose scrunched uncontrollably because of it.

Knowing I had some time, I decided to wrap it up. Taking off my armor was slower than I estimated, yet I managed to get it off without making my wound worse. I turned my shirt into a tourniquet, tying it around my arm just above the wound. It hurt like Hades, -which I expected- but it got the job done.

After I was done, I took the microphone and powered on the speakers. It wasn't too hard, thank the gods.

The view gave me a look of the battle taking place. Many bodies littered the ground, only I couldn't tell if they were demigods or Erasers. Some were close to the stadium I was in. It was surprising no one noticed someone carrying the Eraser leader to the top of a podium.

"ATTENTION!" I screamed through the mic, with every ounce of energy I could muster. "LISTEN UP!"

It took a couple of seconds before people questioned my demanding voice. Heads turned to look in my direction, and figures stopped to marvel incredulously at my figure. Erasers grumbled at this turn of events, seemingly impatient.

I lifted a half conscious Ari up by his shirt, letting everyone see his bloodied face. I took the gun from out of my pocket, and pointed the damned thing at his head, knowing Raven would be proud. His head lolled to the side, and his eyes widened at the sentiment. A slight groan was his only protest, and it was all he could give.

Erasers begin to howl, growling and pointing fingers while more and more people realized what was going on. Some wolfmen started running towards the bleachers, like they could actually do something.

"Nobody move, or I shoot him through the head!" I said into the microphone. This did it, because the Erasers froze in fear. Some still didn't back down, and gave me death threat after death threat.