twenty five

twenty five

☾☆☽

"A S G A R D ' S not a place, it's a people," Thor whispered to himself, and finally Sagà sighed. She knew what was to come of this, and slowly, she reached for her sword.

"Ragnarok is not something you can stop," Sagà told her team, her family, looking toward her feet to avoid all eyecontact, "but rather something you must start."

An idea seemed to fill Thor's mind as he turned to his brother suddenly, "Go to the vault, Surtur's crown, it's the only way."

"Bold move, brother," Loki huffed, slightly impressed with his brother's thinking, though he nodded his head in agreement, turning to run back to the ship Brunnhilde had abandoned, calling over his shoulder, "even for me."

"Shall we?" Thor asked the two women beside him. Brunnhilde looked at Sagà, and the women fist-bumped quickly, their swords already in their hand, and while Sagà only nodded, Brunnhilde rushed out a quick 'after you'.

Sagà's eyes flashed gold when Thor stepped forward, electricity flowing through his veins. Brunnhilde was quick to follow, raising her weapon protectively. Sagà was quick to deflect the spikes Hela sent their way, shattering one to pieces with a shield, millimeters from Brunnhilde's face.

She was knocked back by a spike that had caught her offguard, flipping backward and landing on her stomach harshly. Thor jumped forward, pushing his sister back with lighting, fighting until he too was thrown. It wasn't until Brunnhilde was pushed out of the way that Sagà stepped forward again, one knee pressed into the bridge, as the other was in front of her, in a position people would propose. Her arm guards crossed in front of her when Hela struck it with her sword.

She was blasted back by gold mist, landing on her back and flipping over the Bifrost a few times before rolling back to her feet, going after her blond younger brother again. Sagà held her hand out, a yell of panic leaving her lips when Thor was stabbed through the chest, and she sent Hela flying toward Brunnhilde, the Valkyrie knocking her down with her Dragonfang.

A large spike stretched from the ground, embedding itself in the ship that contained their people, and Sagà was engulfed in the feeling of panic. The sense was short-lived when a series of gunshots filled the air, Skurge now turning against the people who he stood with, only for Hela to kill him, and the ship was finally out of reach.

Hela turned back to the Goddess, sending a sword her way, and she let out a groan in pain when it embedded itself in her leg. She laid on the Bifrost for a moment, she could hear Hela advancing, and she could see Brunnhilde struggling to stand, as if fighting to get where Sagà was. The woman made no movement, laying as still as possible, her heart practically in her throat.

"Hela, enough!" Sagà went stiff at the sound of urgency in Thor's voice. She felt guilt rising in her gut, she had just given up it seemed, when she had so much to lose. Hela's footsteps stilled, as she turned on her heel, facing her brother with a sharp glare. Thor didn't falter, "You want Asgard? It's yours."

"Whatever game you're playing, it won't work, you can't defeat me."

"No, but he can." At that exact moment, a very large Surtur burst through the castle, Hela yelling out a fear-filled 'no'.

Sagà finally found the strength to stand, interlocking her hands, and she gave Brunnhilde a boost, who effortlessly jumped over her, stabbing her Dragonfang through Hela's abdomen. Thor stabbed through the bridge, completely collapsing the bridge beneath Hela, the three Asgardians standing at the edge of broken bridge.

Sagà closed her eyes, letting the emotions of those around her flood within her, she only felt uneasiness, but that was slowly turning into peace, relief, calming. She turned to those around her, "They are calm, they are safe."

"That's all that matters."

"We're fulfilling the prophecy," Thor mumbled, watching as Surtur destroyed everything he possibly could.

"We can all agree that this is a terrible prophecy." Sagà grumbled, looking down at her leg, seeing dried blood etched all over her shin and calf.

"We have no choice, as long as Surtur destroys Asgard, he destroys Hela so that our people can live, as long as we let him finish—"

A mighty roar made the trio look up, watching as Hulk jumped right onto Surtur. His green hands clutching onto Surtur's horns. The large being stumbled back at the sudden hit, and Sagà groaned. Thor yelled up to his green friend, watching as he was sent soaring back when Surtur plucked him from his horns, sending him flying.

"Hulk no!" Thor demanded, stepping forward, ready to stop the Hulk if need be, "Stop it you moron!"

When the Hulk looked back, he pointed to the large Surtur behind him, "Big monster!"

"We have bigger problems at the moment," Sagà spoke as calmly as she could, and the Hulk softened at how nervous his friend sounded, and she motioned to the ship flying ahead, "and we need your help."

Thor smiled, tugging the woman close to him by her waist, holding her tightly. She leaned into his warmth, relaxing completely in his touch. Brunnhilde nodded, "Let's go, Hulk!"

With those three words, the green man smiled, before he charged toward his friends. He swiftly picked the three of them up, leaping as high as he possibly could, leaving the planet that was now on fire far behind them. They landed on the ship, stumbling from the Hulk's grasp, and Sagà slipped slightly, Thor catching her.

"Are you okay?"

Sagà smiled, her hand placed lightly on his chest, "I am now."

The moment was short-lived, as Asgardians cheered, allowing the pair to pass through them with ease. The pair walked hand and hand toward the large window at the back of the ship, and she smiled at Heimdal as she passed, he nodded in her direction. That smile fell when she saw Surtur drive his mighty sword through the middle of Asgard, sending a large blast throughout it, destroying the beautiful place she once knew.

"The damage is not too bad, as long as the foundations are strong, we can rebuild this place." Korg tried to look on the brighter sides of things, "It will become a haven for all people and aliens of the universe."

As soon as Korg had finished, Asgard had been blown to pieces. Saga felt Thor's grip on her hand tighten, and he leaned into her slightly. His home was destroyed, the home he had grown up in was now gone, the only thing left were the people. He didn't even hear Korg apologize, as he tried to focus on the warmth that spread from the woman beside him, though he could not relax.

"What have I done?"

☾☆☽

this may or may not be the last official chapter...
i just want to thank you guys, for encouraging me to finish this.

should i do a character q&a?

ps, i love you guys and your comments make me so so happy!

D I S C L A I M E R
i do not own thor; ragnarok
but i do own sága
so please do not steal her
thank you!
lou