four

four

☾☆☽

T E N years had passed. Every day seemed like it went by too quickly, and the days seemingly turned into weeks, the weeks into months, and the months dissolved into years. Time on Sakaar was weird, but Sage wasn't about to complain about things she didn't understand, it just didn't seem right.

Over the ten years that she had been stuck, she had been working on figuring out who she was, but there didn't seem to be a single book on this planet. Any knowledge from the outside world was cut off, and that frustrated the woman more than anyone could believe.

Despite not knowing who she was, the dreams she had gave her somewhat clues as to who she possibly could be. After that night of making things float, Sage took it upon herself to figure out just what else she could do, and she wasn't disappointed with the outcome. She seemingly knew what someone else was going to do before they did it, she was good at strategy and combat was her speciality. But not only that, she could move things with her mind and invade other people's thoughts.

The last part was something she didn't like to do, but she figured if her new ability when she heard the Grandmaster singing to himself, though his lips were not moving. She shuddered at the thought. He was a terrible singer if she was being completely honest.

She and Valkyrie had also grown closer. The darker-skinned woman had shown her how to fight, training her. Valkyrie had said that she learned all of her techniques from the greatest woman she had ever known, and Sage didn't want to disappoint, so when she fought, she fought hard.

She was still the Grandmaster's pride and joy, having won every single fight she had done, but even she knew the crowd was growing bored. As much as they adored her, it wasn't fun watching someone who knew what was already going to happen. So when the Grandmaster asked her to lose the next fight, she accepted with a heavy heart.

Knowing this was her last time fighting, Sage was sluggish. She knew the Grandmaster didn't want to retire her, but he had to. He also said she could still live in the tower, as long as she didn't die in this fight. She also noticed Valkyrie was avoiding her. Valkyrie was the one to find people to challenge the Grandmaster's Champion, and tell Sage who she was up against, but at this moment? She was no where to be found. That made the woman gulp with uneasiness.

The crowds were still cheering her name, she could hear through the wood that separated her from the outside. Though the cheers ceased when the Grandmaster summoned her opponent. Her heart dropped to the floor when a mighty roar sounded through the arena, the wooden door shaking from the volume.

She kind of wanted to tap out now, the nerves becoming too much and her focus dwindling when she heard the thoughts from the people in the crowd around her.

"Sage isn't going to last three seconds against this thing!"

"Now this is going to be a fight!"

"I hope I don't have to explain death to my children tonight."

The uneasiness was chewing at her nerves and Sage wanted to cry as the Grandmaster yelled out her name, the wooden door creaking open as she stepped out as delicately as she could. The ground crunched underneath her feet, and she cringed. She didn't want to do this anymore, and she was glad this was her last fight. When her brown eyes fixated on her opponent, she nearly screamed in terror.

A large green man towered over her, his muscles large, and his mouth foaming in anger. His burly hands held that of a very large axe and hammer, and his head was covered with a helmet, but even from here she could tell the being had dark black hair. She held her shield in front of her protectively as the Grandmaster bellowed for the match to begin, and the green being roared again, his beady green eyes finally settling on Sage.

She already knew how he was planning on taking the height approach, using his jumping skills to his advantage. He was strong, much stronger than her, but he wasn't the best fighter, he let anger control him, which was a fault in her eyes. She tried to invade his mind, feeling herself go through, but she was stunned when she heard two conflicting voices. She decided now was not the place to play therapist, though she did figure out the green being was named Hulk.

Hulk snarled at the brunette, showing off his disgustingly green teeth, and Sage gulped lightly. She unsheathed her sword, the sword that she had since she landed on Sakaar, the pretty blue color flashing underneath the arena lights, and she stepped into a fighting stance.

She knew he was going to jump, and once he started running toward her, she did the same. Matching his fast pace as they both leapt into the air. Her shield made contact with his axe, and the loud thud that sounded through the arena made the crowd scream in excitement. She slid back in the dirt, her shield still protectively in front of her, and her head snapped up. Her dark locks flowed around her face as she stood up quickly.

Her last fight had begun.

☾☆☽

D I S C L A I M E R
i do not own thor; ragnarok
but i do own sága
so please do not steal her
thank you!
lou