卩尺ㄖㄥㄖᎶㄩ乇

"I think it would be best if we just stayed away from each other."

It had started out as a normal hangout with [Y/n] coming over to Taeyong's apartment, the two of them conversing and keeping each other company. As they sat on the floor of Taeyong's bedroom, [Y/n] brought up his relationship as a subject matter out of curiosity, adding that she had never seen his girlfriend before, and Taeyong proceeded to explain that they were having some issues.

[Y/n] didn't understand why Taeyong suddenly thought that they shouldn't meet up anymore. "And you're saying this because..?" She questions, raising an eyebrow.

They were good friends after all and had been catching up with each other for a little over 3 months now, ever since Taeyong came back to the city. Having only been acquainted back in their high school days and crossing paths years later, [Y/n] was surprised by Taeyong's words.

"My... baby doesn't like it when you come around," Taeyong reasons vaguely, an apologetic expression on his face, "she thinks you're messing with our relationship."

His girlfriend's exact words were 'She's too pretty to be just your friend' but Taeyong wasn't going to tell [Y/n] that. It wasn't like it actually mattered; he just needed to find a way to cut ties with [Y/n]. After his supposed girlfriend had told him about her insecurity, Taeyong thought it would be a good excuse to say goodbye.

But of course [Y/n] wasn't going to let him go that easily.

"Okay, that is the stupidest thing I've ever heard!" She huffs and rolls her eyes, "You guys have been dating for what, 3 months ?" She pauses for a moment and Taeyong nods his head stiffly in approval, "then she should just learn to deal with it. We've been friends for a long time and I'm not going to drop our friendship because of some chick."

Taeyong is quick to reply, "It's not just you, she doesn't trust me either." And I don't trust myself, he thought, I don't want you to get hurt because of me.

[Y/n]'s eyes flicker down for a split second, briefly noticing the way his teeth sunk into his lip before going back up to meet his eyes; they seemed to be full of pain. She shook her head, not wanting to believe Taeyong's previous words. "She's crazy. You and I have known each other for years so if we wanted to go out, we would've given it a shot a long time ago," she argues reasonably, "Come on, I'm the one who encouraged you to date her in the first place."

A few days prior, Taeyong had talked to [Y/n] about how he wanted to settle down but that he wasn't fit for long term relationships. [Y/n] asked him if he had his eyes on someone, a question that he answered positively but also added that he was convinced things wouldn't work out. She strongly encouraged him to confess but Taeyong just couldn't do that and decided to continue with his old lifestyle of the no strings attached relationships he was so used to having.

No matter how much he liked [Y/n], Taeyong couldn't bring himself to get her involved in his unpredictable life. With that in mind, he takes a deep breath and speaks words that broke his heart to say, "I know, thank you for that," he forces out, "And... I-" Taeyong clears his throat and looks away, getting his next words out in a rush, "I don't want to mess this up so if you could please stay away from me—from us—that would be great."

[Y/n] was shocked to say the least. Taeyong was the one who came looking for her after all these years, he was the one who knocked on her door 3 months ago, he was the one who asked her to hang out and now he was pushing her away? It didn't make any sense.

Although it sounded like he had already made up his mind, [Y/n] still tries to make him backtrack. "Tae, you don't mean that..." Since they were sitting pretty close, she goes to place her hand on his but she freezes mid-action when Taeyong flinches and pulls his hand back.