匚卄卂卩ㄒ乇尺 27

There was always a risk when you were in a gang whether it was during a mission or your daily life. As soon as you're part of one, you're constantly in danger. Some got shot, others unexpectedly beaten up brutally or kidnapped and killed when they were least expecting it.

Taeyong made it his mission to protect all members of his gang. They were mostly paired up so they could look out for each other, but some were part of units. There were teams big enough for them to help each other out and not be too inconvenient at the same time. Although they all came from different countries and had different backgrounds, they were like family to each other.

Yuta and Winwin had always been close to Taeyong, and they knew just how much danger he always put himself in to protect the people he cared about. The gang leader also had a habit of scolding anyone who said anything negative before a mission; he was always one to encourage everyone, even if things looked bad. He would never explicitly say it however; at all times, it was mentioned in a way that was encouraging, and he especially never mentioned death.

When the two guards saw that hint of fear and heard 'Hopefully we'll all come out of this alive', they knew this wasn't going to be a walk in the park.

Taeyong had mentioned before that their main foe was Choi Simon and his gang, but they never understood why even after 7 years of being part of Taeyong's gang they had never had some sort of interaction with the other. They had many enemies and they'd at least had a shoot out once or twice so they knew who to look out for, but they didn't even know what Simon looked like. The leader himself only knew what Minho had told him when he was 14.

"He's dangerous, but he won't do us any harm as long as I'm here."

Minho practically never talked about Simon, and that was the most he had ever said about him. Taeyong had once caught Minho talking—arguing, really—with him on the phone and never forgot what his voice sounded like: it was rough, gravely and sent chills down his spine. Minho wasn't there to guide him anymore, so Taeyong didn't know what to expect.

The signal they had followed came from a mall, the same one where Winwin was kidnapped. Infiltrating it in the middle of the night wasn't very difficult with Jinyoung's intelligent brain and nimble fingers; the security alarms and cameras were easily cut from their power source.

Thanks to Simon, there weren't any security guards to get past.

The small group makes it safely inside the dark building, staying close to each other. It was cold, the air was humid and smelled of concrete. The lights flickered, emitting a low buzzing sound. Taeyong kept his grip tight on his gun, ready to shoot.

"Glad you could make it," came that familiar voice out of the underground parking lot speakers, "You're early."

"Cut the crap, Simon. Where is she?" Taeyong shouted angrily.

Yuta, Winwin, Jinyoung and Taeyong stood back to back, guns aiming in any direction they heard a sound from.

It was suddenly deafeningly quiet for a while until a faint beeping could be heard. Taeyong's team didn't have enough time to react before a smoke bomb went off. The smoke left a sting in their eyes and invaded their lungs, making them cough wildly.

No one was hurt since the explosion wasn't that heavy and Taeyong quickly scanned the area to count if all of them were still in one piece.

A figure appeared from the dark and smoke, footsteps sounding loud against the concrete floor the closer he got. He was tall and well built, the smirk that could be seen on his face once he was close enough was sickening. A long scar traveled from his eyebrow over his eyelid, drawing over his cheekbone, down his cheek and stopped just at his chin.

Taeyong's blood ran cold and he froze seeing him, the man he'd been running away from for the past 9 years.

"Quite an entrance, huh? Or should I have used more smoke?" Simon questions rhetorically, fake frown and all. He was purposely ignoring Taeyong's questions and the latter was getting extremely impatient.

It was unimaginable for him to go back without [Y/n]; he would either walk out of there with her or die trying.

"Where. Is. [Y/n]?" Taeyong says through gritted teeth.

"[Y/n]?" Simon says the name like he's never heard it before and pretends to think for a moment, "Oh, you mean your little girlfriend? Your personal slut? She's around her somewhere, I guess."

Simon's attitude made Taeyong's fingers twitch, wanting to just shoot him in the face. But he didn't know what kind of tricks this man had up his sleeves so he had to be careful.

"Did you seriously think it would be that simple?" Simon chuckles darkly, "That you could waltz in here and walk back out?" He starts getting a little closer and Taeyong along with the 3 men at his side aim their weapons at him. Seeing this, he stops and raises his hands up. "What about your girl? I bet you're curious about what I did to her." A wicked grin spreads on his face as he stares straight at Taeyong.

Simon had a point. Taeyong needed to know if [Y/n] was alright or at least alive, he couldn't just pull the trigger and kill the bastard. Simon was probably the only person who knew where [Y/n] was. Seeing Taeyong's trembling hand made the others worry. He was never like this, not even when he had just started the whole gang business.

"You didn't do anything to her, you wouldn't dare to," Yuta lets out in the midst of his leader's hesitation.

"We know you, Simon. You let others do your dirty work," Winwin adds.

Jinyoung doesn't say anything, just opts for shooting a bullet that zips right beside his head as a warning; Simon doesn't even flinch.

"What if I told you, she's already laying in a puddle of her own blood right now?"