Chapter 23: Rescue Operations, Free The Symbol of Hope

Start from the beginning

Timeskip, Night

Todoroki, Midoriya, and Kirishima were all waiting outside the hospital to see if Bakugo would show up, along with Yaoyorozu.

Play

"I wonder what Yaoyorozu decided." Kirishima said.

"Well, no matter how restless we are, it's up to her." Todoroki said as the doors opened and she walked out.

"She's here." Midoriya said as she walked out.

"Yaoyorozu...what's your answer?" Kirishima asked.

"I--" She was cut off by another voice.

"Wait!" They all gasped as Iida approached them.

"Iida?" Kirishima asked.

"Iida-kun..." Midoriya said, knowing his conflict with them.

"Why...Why did it have to be you guys of all people!? The ones who stopped me when I acted recklessly for personal reasons...You two, who received amnesty with me...Why are you trying to make the same mistake I did!? It's too much!" Iida said to them.

"What are you talking about?" Kirishima asked as Todoroki stopped him.

"We are still minors. U.A. is in a bad enough position as it is. Who will take responsibility for your actions? Do you understand!?" Iida said while tearing up.

"Iida-kun, it's not like that. We don't think it's okay to break the rules either--" Midoriya tried to go towards him, but Iida was fed up and let it out on him as he punched him across the face, shocking them all.

"I'm frustrated, too! And worried! It's only natural! I am the class representative! I'm worried about my classmates! Not just Y/N-kun! When I saw everyone's injuries, I also saw my brother in his sickbed! What if your bodies end up irreparable, like my brother's because of your recklessness? Are you saying that you don't care about my worries?" Iida grabbed his friends' shoulders as he was breaking down completely. "Are you saying that you don't care about how I feel..?" He asked in desperation.

"Iida-kun..." Midoriya tried to speak.

"Iida. We don't expect to face them head-on and win either. We'll extricate him without fighting." Todoroki said, surprising Iida.

"In other words, covert action! That's the way students can fight while toeing the line on the rules!" Kirishima said.

"I trust Todoroki. But so that I can stop them if anything happens, I plan to accompany them, as well. Even for the love of my life, it's just something I can't do..." Momo said, shocking them.

"Yaoyorozu!" Iida said in shock as Kirishima said it with gratefulness.

"I don't know myself, either, but after hearing that I could still reach, I couldn't just sit still...I can't help thinking that I want to save him." Midoriya told Iida as he clenched his fist tightly.

"We can't come to an agreement, huh? Then, take me with you, too!" Iida ordered them as they were shocked.

After reasoning with them, all five of them left, and assumed Bakugo couldn't come. As they were leaving the hospital, Iida spoke up.

"Midoriya-kun." Iida said getting his attention. "I'm sorry for getting violent with you. I'm sorry." He said as he bowed apologetically.

"Seriously, Iida-san. Your reasoning for joining the group is not very persuasive." Momo said.