Practice, practice, practice

Pow! Pow! Crash!

I felt the air get knocked out of me, when my body hit the wall.

"You need to be faster, or your opponent will use your current motions as an advantage! Again!"

Sal Commander shouted. I blinked, then saw him charging right for me.

My eyes widened, as my heart beat faster, helping me to gather more energy to leap out of his way, last minute, as his punch hit the wall.

I held my breath, leaning backwards, almost like limbo, but deadlier, as I barely avoided Sal's tail club.

He kicked at my ankles, making me fall, then pointed his wrist weapon at me, the morphing pads on both of his arms, the one pointed at me activiating and soon I soon the little laser gun looking at me.

"Do you give up?"

I hear him ask. I panted, thinking of my options.

'I ​​​​could either swing to the left, but he is faster, so ​​​​before I got there, he could shoot and hit me. If I went to the right he could do the same thing. Can't go over... Maybe...'

I look at his face, the gun, then use what strength i had in my tail, to hit his side, before kneeing him in the gut and slipping out under and got up quickly, giving him a round house kick.

I smiled, thinking of Raph and those few tips he gave me, before this match.

I glanced to the side, expecting him there. I thought I could see his proud smirk in the background, before I turned back match.

Whether he was watching or not, I really wanted to beat Sal, or at least nearly, I mean he is a Commander and if I could almost get to that point, that'd show I was getting better.

We we're going well and Sal even began to smile, after he was glaring and charging with growls earlier. He must like this, or maybe noticed my improvement.

"You're improving. I feel a more balanced control of strength from you, but do not get cocky."

Sal told me, before we locked blades.

I gritted my teeth and growled.

Our blades pushed against each other, trying to break through. Oh, he was strong... but I wasn't letting me beat me...

Suddenly his blade slashed past mine and was coming towards my face...

My eyes widened, then closed tightly, my arms rushing to shield my face...

The sound of metal hitting something came to my ears.

I opened my eyes... The blade was stopped by a horn...

Sal looked wide eyed in shock, staring.

I smiled, realizing my horns were back and showing around the space my arms were crossed, Sal's blade was also blocked off my one of arm armour pads, so the only way out was to pull it in the same direction it came from.

I wagged my tail slowly, then took the opportunity to punch him in chest, making him stumble backwards, as I got some momentum to keep attacking, before he caught my wrists in his hands, stopping me.

"Enough!"

He shouted, then I saw a smile growing on his face.

"That was superb.You almost had me.... If this was a more serious fight.."