Chapter 32: Gone

Magsimula sa umpisa

[The subscriber cannot be reached or out of coverage area. Please try again later.]

It's unlikely of her to turn off her phone. I thought.

"Maybe she got out of battery." I silently uttered.

I put down the phone and continued my work. Baka masakal din siya kung tatawag ako nang tatawag kahit magkasama lang naman kami kanina. I shook my head out of disbelief. Ni minsan hindi ko inakalang aabot din ako sa puntong magiging korni gaya ng mga kaibigan ko. I miss her even if I'm away from her for just a few hours.

Pagkatapos ng lahat ng mga documents na ni-review ko for signing for that day ay mabilis akong nagligpit ng gamit para makauwi. I'm planning on fetching her from her work since I'm an hour early before her out. And I'm going to ask her on a dinner.

I know that she prefers eating in the our condo but I want to treat her outside once in awhile. I know she's tired from work but she still have to cook for our dinner when she got home.

Hindi naman siya nagrereklamo na siyang gusto ko sa kanya. She's a wife material and I love her simplicity. Hindi siya gaya ng ibang babae na puno ng arte at gastos.

I don't know why I didn't fall for her back in college. Yes, there was a time that I was attracted to her, who wouldn't be? She's smart, beautiful, innocent and kind. Pero siguro nga hindi siya binigay ng Panginoon sa akin noon dahil alam Niya na hindi ko pa kayang maging seryoso.

He knows that a girl like Chloe shouldn't be tarnished with someone unworthy of her like me.

But I'm really grateful because even if I'm still not worthy of her, God gave me my chance. And I'm not planning on wasting that chance.

It was 4:55 in the afternoon when I arrived at her company's building. And as usual, I waited in the lobby. Coding kasi siya ngayon kaya't alam kong sasabay siya kay Trisha na katrabaho niya para mag-abang sa sakayan.

I didn't call or text her either, I wanted to surprise her.

Gustung-gusto ko kasi 'yong mukha niyang nagugulat tuwing naaabutan ako sa lobby. She's cute and beautiful at the same time with her surprise expression.

I waited for around 20 minutes when I saw her officemate, Trisha. But she's not with Chloe.

I was about to make a call to Chloe when Trisha went near me and wave her hand and greeted me hello.

"Hi." I answered back.

"Si Chloe ho ba ang pinunta niyo rito?" Tanong nito na may pagtataka sa mukha.

"Yes." Sagot ko kahit nagtataka rin sa tanong niya. Of course, who else could be the reason I'm in their company's lobby?

I got nervous all of a sudden when I saw her smile faded and her expression changed to confuse one.

Why do I feel something bad to happen? I mentally asked myself.

"Pero hindi po siya pumasok ngayon eh. Hindi niyo po ba alam?" She said.

She didn't go to work? Is she sick? Hindi naman siya mukhang may sakit kaninang umaga. Why didn't she go to work?

Hanggang sa umalis si Trisha at nagpasalamat ako sa pagbibigay-alam niya ay nanatili akong nakaupo habang nakatanaw sa hawak kong cellphone.

I'm afraid to make a call and confirm my assumption. I don't want to think that there might a bad thing happened to her that's why she didn't able to go to work and that her phone was off when I called her a while ago.

I breathe multiple times before dialing her number again to make a call.

[The subscriber cannot be reached or out of coverage area. Please tr-"